Valve to announce SteamBox next Monday?

Solid One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it comes with Big Picture, it's a no for me (for a while ;)). If I can do almost the same by plugging my PC to a TV...
I'd be happier if they announced a Steam Controller, to be honest.

But you can configure Steam to start without Big Picture. It'll open the default Windows / Ubuntu interface.

Pro: it won't become a resource hog
Con: You probably won't be able to use a controller to browse through the interface, so a mouse will be mandatory.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
But you can configure Steam to start without Big Picture. It'll open the default Windows / Ubuntu interface.

Pro: it won't become a resource hog
Con: You probably won't be able to use a controller to browse through the interface, so a mouse will be mandatory.

No problem browsing big picture with my PS3 controller! Launching games is another story...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be happier if they announced a Steam Controller, to be honest.
Now that I would be interested to see, not really because the world lacks for a good controller but I am genuinely curious to see what Valve would do.

tbgtbg yeah it is enough, I just wondered if there was another reason.

mon0

XPLOiTS FTW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Steambox bundled with Half Life 3 and Oculus Rift. Thats what i want.
Makes me forget about ps4, xb one, and things alike...

;) ... let me dream a bit.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm already saving money for PS4, I have no interest in a mid-end ubuntu PC for games.
If I wanted to use steam, I'd build my own steambox, it would be expensive, but that's what high-end PCs are,
and nothing better than a high-end PC if I'm using it for games.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here I am trying to make a setup that merges my consoles with my computer so I can do everything from the comfort of my desk

and there Valve is trying to bring my computer out to the living room with my consoles.

Neutral. I hate TVs. I have no use for a steambox when i have my monster PC. What would be sweet is if the Steambox ended up getting more console games to shift over to PC. Doubtful, but one can dream.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the speculation of the announcement too early to announce my speculation of there being tumbleweeds?

Probably not (I think?).

May need to upgrade to the Surface 2 myself. My Surface RT is nice, but lacks enough horsepower for me to enjoy. Tegra 4 will hopeful helps out a little. Still need to finish ilomilo.

Back on topic, though: I would much rather get a Gigabyte BRIX system than a dedicated console from Valve.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can make Linux a competent gaming platform it's Valve. Hell, if the rumors are true even Linux will overtake OS X as the second best PC gaming OS but first... I really wish they would optimize big picture mode because in its current state it's still such a hog, maybe even bloatware. :(

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Half Life 2: Episode Three, lolumad.jpg? :ypi:
Half Life 5
It so good it skipped 3 and 4!

mKO0pPq.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You all have it wrong -- Valve operates on a base 3 numbering system so when it gets to 2 it starts on the next round of numbers
HL1
HL2
HL2 episode 1
HL2 episode 2
Possibly then to be finally announced on Monday is HL2 episode 2 segment 1 (segment is a placeholder word).

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...