Hacking v4.3 U-disk Manager Released.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't ever recall there being a "bad' update to the u-disk manager, unlike firmware updates....

That's true, but actually they updated the loader to 4.3 at the same time as the U-Disk Manager, and in the same download, so there was a chanve that the loader was faulty. Having said that, I only know of one faulty loader update, 4.2A, which was quickly replaced with 4.2B.
They always had a u-disk updater....
They removed the updater for a few months, although they did being it back recently.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could anyone please confirm that Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan works fine with this loader (or even 4.2a/b)? I mean plays not just loads.

I haven't been able to actually PLAY it on any of these last 3 loaders without it crashing before the game actually starts. It'll load ok and go through the menus, but can't get into game without it locking. I've tried pretty much every setting through G6 U-disk and loaded the ROM so many times with all of em. I've even formatted and done the utility thingy... Even tried 3 different sources - all the same

BTW this is with a Passcard 3 and G6 Lite... Not flashed obviously. I had no problems with the game at all with loaders 4.2 and above...

Quay Cur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.happynessplanet.com
XP
Country
United States
With this, everything up to #525 works.
smile.gif
Including FFIII? Working meaning no Safe Mode or anything, right?

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could anyone please confirm that Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan works fine with this loader (or even 4.2a/b)? I mean plays not just loads.

I haven't been able to actually PLAY it on any of these last 3 loaders without it crashing before the game actually starts. It'll load ok and go through the menus, but can't get into game without it locking. I've tried pretty much every setting through G6 U-disk and loaded the ROM so many times with all of em. I've even formatted and done the utility thingy... Even tried 3 different sources - all the same

BTW this is with a Passcard 3 and G6 Lite... Not flashed obviously. I had no problems with the game at all with loaders 4.2 and above...

I played it without problems. I have Passcard 3 & G6 lite with the new loader V.4.3 . Trimed and Software reset. Make sure you use the last U-disk Manager too.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Vidnez. Is yours an english G6 lite (mine is)? I just tried to install Ouendan from a different computer with U-disk V4.3 and loader V4.3 on the G6 Lite and the same thing happens... Locks up just after the Rom loads or just before the game is supposed to start (actually play)... I can't figure it... I've tried dofat, (normal is greyed for some reason in V4.3 U-disk) and even safe mode... No trim or trim... Nothing works except if I go back to loader 4.2...

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I have an english one. Maybe your ROM is corrupted. Try a different ROM from another source.

Oh, and my configuration is DoFAT, Trimed and Software reset.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Vidnez. Is yours an english G6 lite (mine is)? I just tried to install Ouendan from a different computer with U-disk V4.3 and loader V4.3 on the G6 Lite and the same thing happens... Locks up just after the Rom loads or just before the game is supposed to start (actually play)... I can't figure it... I've tried dofat, (normal is greyed for some reason in V4.3 U-disk) and even safe mode... No trim or trim... Nothing works except if I go back to loader 4.2...

I also had no problems with the 4.3 loader and 4.3 udisk. I deleted the game then reinstalled it with the updated loader and udisk and it ran fine.

Perhaps you have a bad dump of it or something? I really don't know...

The only game that I saw that wouldn't work right is one of those sudoku games, but that did run if you chose normal instead of the other options (everyone had that problem).

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys... I don't get WTF is going on with mine then... I've tried 3 different copies of the Quendan ROM too...

4.2a was reported by many to cause crashes, so I wasn't surprised when Quendan crashed with it, but ever since then, 4.2b & 4.3 have cause the same thing for me... I just went back to 4.2 and it works again... I can't figure it...

Hypnotoad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone please confirm that Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan works fine with this loader (or even 4.2a/b)?  I mean plays not just loads.

I haven't been able to actually PLAY it on any of these last 3 loaders without it crashing before the game actually starts.  It'll load ok and go through the menus, but can't get into game without it locking.  I've tried pretty much every setting through G6 U-disk and loaded the ROM so many times with all of em.  I've even formatted and done the utility thingy...  Even tried 3 different sources - all the same

BTW this is with a Passcard 3 and G6 Lite...  Not flashed obviously.  I had no problems with the game at all with loaders 4.2 and above...

I've ran Ouendan on all three firmwares with no problem:

4.2a
4.2b

I've actually played through the game on each on of these updates and haven't had that game lock up on me once.

english G6Lite & SuperKey here - No Trim - No Soft Reset

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys...  I don't get WTF is going on with mine then...  I've tried 3 different copies of the Quendan ROM too...

4.2a was reported by many to cause crashes, so I wasn't surprised when Quendan crashed with it, but ever since then, 4.2b & 4.3 have cause the same thing for me...  I just went back to 4.2 and it works again...  I can't figure it...

It works all the time with your 4.2? Through many power cycles and dances?
That's very strange, then. Perhaps some of the G6 Lites have different hardware than others? (and i don't mean firmware)...

That's almost bizarre if no one else can replicate your crashes on newer firmware....but also a very bad sign, as it may mean other games might not work, either....

I should also ask you: are you SURE you were using 4.2B and 4.3? Perhaps the wrong files go copied over?
Did you install 4.2B and 4.3 and then go to the NDS menu and click the bottom left icon (About) where it shows you the version ?

*Edit*
I also was going to suggest you flash your DSL (Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if it dies! The G6L can not use recovery mode correctly yet (if ever)), and then see if the game crashes or not. My DSL is flashed; perhaps it's the passcard /G6L combo that is causing it ?

Ok, to be crazy, try REMOVING the passcard BEFORE launching the game and see if that works....

babyarch

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
with my g6lite firmware 4.2a 4.2b i have the problem with osu tatakae ouenden. there is sometime freezing when the song start.

now i'm using firmware 4.3 and write the rom by safe mode and no trim. It's work fine.

PS. Flashme 7

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first thing I noticed with 4.3 is that it now says "Data processing." Now I won't have anything to laugh about while it's backing up the save.
frown.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTES by (Falkentyne @ Aug 20 2006, 11:34 PM)

It works all the time with your 4.2? Through many power cycles and dances?
That's very strange, then. Perhaps some of the G6 Lites have different hardware than others? (and i don't mean firmware)...

Ya always works 100% with firmwares 4.2 and below... I can take off the ROM... reformat, reload the ROM, copy my save games and do it all over again and it works flawlessly... (I'm stuck on Ready Steady Go on normal... What a bitch of a level!!!). I've tried 3 different dumps too of the ROM... That idea about different hardware though... Hmmmmm

That's almost bizarre if no one else can replicate your crashes on newer firmware....but also a very bad sign, as it may mean other games might not work, either....

Brain Age was locking up randomly for me too with 4.2a/2b/3... I haven't had it lock in about 3 or 4 runs now, but I only played it maybe 5 minutes a shot...

I should also ask you: are you SURE you were using 4.2B and 4.3? Perhaps the wrong files go copied over?
Did you install 4.2B and 4.3 and then go to the NDS menu and click the bottom left icon (About) where it shows you the version ?

100% sure... I did check the "about" box and have gone back and forth at least 5 times...

*Edit*
I also was going to suggest you flash your DSL (Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if it dies! The G6L can not use recovery mode correctly yet (if ever)), and then see if the game crashes or not. My DSL is flashed; perhaps it's the passcard /G6L combo that is causing it ?

I'm scared to flash it hehehe. You know though, I'm starting to think maybe it is the passcard 3 combo? Wonder if it's worth ordering a different passcard like an ez 3... That seems to be the only thing different...

Ok, to be crazy, try REMOVING the passcard BEFORE launching the game and see if that works....

I tried that before actually and it made no difference. Great suggestion though and yes the game crashes if I pulled out the card after the load of the ROM. Loaded up just fine w/o the passcard in once I was at the G6 menu and popped it out.

Maybe it's not the passcard then...

God I wish I could figure this out...

Thanks so much Falkentyne and everyone for the help! A lot of good ideas there... Unfortunately nothing works...

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first thing I noticed with 4.3 is that it now says "Data processing." Now I won't have anything to laugh about while it's backing up the save.
frown.gif

It's been saying that since either 4.1A or 4.0C...
(only if you launch a game and then reset or poweroff; it's backing up the save to the file 0).
No, cause in 4.1 and 4.2 it was saying "Data precessing" and I would laugh but now there's nothing to laugh about.
frown.gif

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome.
I think this can only point to one of two different conclusions:

1) The G6L and Passcard 3 combo is somehow causing issues (whether or not the passcard is inserted when you start a game, as the "firmware" code from the passcard is already running; if that's the case, that could explain easily why removing the passcard doesn't stop the crashes. So the only way to eliminate that is through flashing--IF that's indeed the cause). But others, I think, are using passcard 3+G6L and don't have problems...but no one has yet replied saying they have no crashes, and stating it is with unflashed NDSL+G6+Passcard with 4.3 firmware.

2) Your G6L has a different brand of firmware chip/flash memory than others. And of course I can't prove that at all...

Since it's working perfectly with 4.2, the unit isn't defective, but...that is bad news if it keeps not working with any newer versions....

So I guess it's either flash or swap the G6 for another
frown.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks once more Falkentyne...

I donno what's up... If it was a hardware thing you would think I would have seen some troubles with the loaders prior to 4.2a... I've had my G6 english since the first english loader release and never had an issue with any of em... Every ROM I've tried has always worked and I never had a hickup till I installed 4.2a or later...

I just used a different PC and on that one I formated to fat 16, used the maintenance utility, coppied over the two loader files for 4.3 (I was at 4.2), ran and installed the new loader and finally loaded Quendan with G6 U-disk version 4.3... This all on a PC I've never used the G6 with before... I ran Quendan and boom lockup...

I guess I'll stick with loader 4.2 and keep trying new loaders as they release, hoping eventually it will work fine again like 4.2 and prior.

I also opened up the G6 Lites case and moved around the PCB making sure it was seated and no dust etc... It was fine and it didn't make a difference... I gotta do some searching on flashme and how it works exactly and then I might try that... I'll letcha know if I get it working.

By all means if anyone has a thought that hasn't been covered here please chime in!

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My guess is at the format of the card. Were you using FAT32 on previous occasions when the roms crashes. I believe that even thou FAT32 is supported it does not work well. For my chinese g6, there is no way you can upgrade firmware with FAT32.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't seen this mentioned, put Puyo Pop Fever doesn't work for me on 4.3. This is the first time I've tried it so I wasn't going to blame 4.3 but a friend of mine had it working on 4.2 and now it doesn't work for him on 4.3 either. I used soft reset/dofat/trim. When I load it, it goes straight to 2 black screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof