Hacking v4.3 U-disk Manager Released.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always use soft reset/dofat/trim and everything I play runs perfect, except for Puyo Pop Fever which apparently worked with those settings in 4.2.
yaynds.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only time I ever formatted the G6Lite was recently to try and fix my troubles... I've formatted it now about 3 times and always fat16 (I was very careful about this)... It upgrades or downgrades loaders just fine.

I can confirm that Puyo Pop Fever worked fine with 4.2 and not with any release after that. I had it on my G6 too before.

I've tried all the settings through G6 U-disk. I usually use dofat/trim for all my ROMS and have never had an issue till now...

I just noticed something and this is strange. If I go to "write" in u-disk 4.3 and choose the Quendan ROM, it gives me the options of Dofat, Safe & Directly Copy. Normal is greyed out and unable to select... Yet it looks like every other Rom I choose, "Normal" is an option. Why would normal be unselectable just for Quendan? I've read about "normal" not being selectable from other people here on this forum with Quendan, but I didn't realize that normal is selectable with other ROMS. Can anyone confirm this with u-disk 4.3?

I read about flashing and have a good handle on it now, but I'm a little worried cause the G6 won't use recovery if I need it and I have no other flashcard or friends with one...

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that some games don't allow normal, and someone posted here that it only works for roms under a certain size. One game it didn't work on was Ultimate Spider-Man.

Thanks for saving me time, I was about to try writing Puyo Pop Fever with different settings.
smile.gif

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I CAN'T explain this. But now... Quendan works just fine with v4.3 firmware for me... I thought I would try software reset/dofat/trim just to be sure on loader 4.3... So I updated the loader again from 4.2 ---> 4.3 then transfered Quendan with those settings and it played through 2 levels just fine... So I deleted Quendan & transfered it back on with dofat/trim/no reset and it worked fine again... I popped the passcard 3 (thinking maybe this is my source of trouble), blew on it, shook it, squeezed it a little, reinserted it, and then deleted Quendan again and transfered it once more with reset/dofat/trim - it works great
smile.gif
frown.gif
?

The only thing I'm sure I've done different is I haven't touched the program Fatsort (to alphabetically sort the ROMS on the G6) since I did the format and loader update... I can't be sure though this is the cause...

I can't figure out WTF I did differently other than that and why Quendan is working now with the 4.3 loader... I wish I could grasp this because if I don't, it could just happen again and I'll be just as lost...

Edit: It's Fatsort that is causing the problems for me! Definately 100%... I ran it on the G6 Lite and then tried Quendan and boom, lock, done. Somehow Fatsort doesn't aggree with V4.3 loader and probably V4.2a/b and some ROMS?

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's interesting. I did run fatsort after loading Puyo Pop Fever with 4.3, I wonder if that is related.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's interesting. I did run fatsort after loading Puyo Pop Fever with 4.3, I wonder if that is related.

Good thinking! I just loaded up Puyo Pop Fever and guess what? It works! Fatsort definately screwed it! I hope G6 adds the ability to sort ROMs alphabetically cause Fatsort isn't an option now!

Hypnotoad

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen this mentioned, put Puyo Pop Fever doesn't work for me on 4.3. This is the first time I've tried it so I wasn't going to blame 4.3 but a friend of mine had it working on 4.2 and now it doesn't work for him on 4.3 either. I used soft reset/dofat/trim. When I load it, it goes straight to 2 black screens.

It may be the settings you're using. I did a little testing, and here's what I came up with:

English g6lite - 4.3 firmware
SuperKey

roms used:
0007 - Puyo Pop Fever (JP)
0072 - Puyo Pop Fever (US)

First I loaded each of these up on my english g6 with the following settings:
-DoFat
-NoTrim
-Didn't use FatSort program

Result: The (J) version of the game loaded up quickly, where as the (U) version hung at the black screens. After that I deleted the (U) version, and reloaded it with Normal setting instead of DoFat. The (U) rom worked after that slight loading change.

After I had both versions working on the G6Lite, I then used FATSort to get all the roms in order on the card. I ran FATSort then booted up my G6. Both roms still worked.

I know that I had loaded up this game and had it working back when I was running 4.2a and 4.2b also, but I think I was running the (J) version for some reason.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I was running 4.2b firmware and tried Ouendan, didn't work, 2 black screens & no sound.
Updated to 4.3 and the new UDisk manager, same thing.
I'm flashme'd. Tried most if not all the options in the UDM. Only tried one dump so far. I don't even have Fatsort on my machine.
shucks!
hate2.gif

Maybe it's a glitch that'll be fixed in the next update.
Hope so, I'm champin' at the b to play that game (heard it's real good!)

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i'm using a g6l 4g...
i upload ALL my roms w/o RTS ever... i use FATsort everytime and all my roms work 100%... no slowdowns, no hangs, no freeze... nothing...
edit: i don't even have any 'saver' problems that everyone's talking about
i think rts shouldn't really be included into flashcarts or any other kind of cart on that note... rts is like cheating, man... if the game's that hard, you should keep trying because it'll only make it more rewarding in the end.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I re-wrote Puyo Pop Fever with soft reset/normal/trim and then I ran fatsort. The game started up fine!
laugh.gif

xnevergiveinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i'm having trouble with the g6 loader update

i ordered my g6 lite + passcard 3 combo from gamersection.ca on the website it says "english version". when i got it, i opened up the pda to see that it was in chinese
so i guess i didn't get an english version

i did make a copy of everything on the flash cart before i did anything, as a backup

currently i have version 1.41a on it.
i go to load on either one of the chinese g6 loaders and i get the following:
DSCN1368.jpg

i also get it when i try the japanese version and the english version

i'm not sure whats wrong, it seems to just sit there, with a 1 and a 7 on the screen. i can still move the pointer around, but none of the buttons do anything.

it works fine, just won't update at all.

should i change out the cart and try it in my gameboy micro?
should i reformat it in fat 16, then run mputility?

ideas? thanks!

EDIT: i should have searched, i found a couple of other posts with the same problem.
i saved all my files from the flash cart, then formatted in fat 16, then ran mputility, then loaded the update
now i'm throwing back on my backup...sweet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-