Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception - Ukon Character Trailer

2017 is set to be a big year for Atlus, but Persona won't be their only release, as Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception will be releasing in spring of this year. A new character trailer has been put out to showcase one of the main characters, Ukon. The game is set to release for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.

Originally known as Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen in Japan, Mask of Deception is a grand tale meant to enchant the hearts and minds of players in search of incredible journey. The game begins atop a snowy mountain where the protagonist awakens in an unfamiliar wilderness, surrounded by deadly creatures, with nothing but a hospital gown and a splitting headache. However, he’s eventually rescued by a beautiful girl named Kuon, who sports both adorable animal ears and a beastlike tail. Finding that the hapless man has no memory of anything, Kuon decides to take the amnesiac into her care, naming him Haku. As their journey takes them across the land, Haku will (reluctantly) encounter colorful characters (yes, that means more animal people), build deep relationships, battle ruthless enemies, and find himself inexorably dragged into the political machinations of the mighty nation of Yamato.

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception features:

• An Unforgettable Story – Mask of Deception offers a story-rich visual novel experience (40-50+ hours long) that lets players shape the future of a fully realized world filled with fantastical lore and history! Mask of Deception sets up the story for a thrilling conclusion in Mask of Truth, and we’ll reveal more information about the final game at a later date.
• An Active SRPG Battle System – Players will need to defend Haku and his friends by engaging in intense SRPG combat with the various hostiles that populate the world. The battle system is a thrilling mix of turn-based tactics and Attack Chain mechanics. Players can remain active during combat by successfully completing timing-based charging rings to execute critical attacks or vital dodges/blocks.
• Fully Fleshed Out Combat – Unique combat features such as the rewind function, elemental affinities/weaknesses, unique character skills, and more add a layer of depth to fights. It’ll take true tactical acumen to emerge victorious in battle!
• Breathtaking Art – With a stunning art style and beautifully rendered cutscenes, the game is a feast for the eyes for Japanese visual novel and anime aficionados!
• Beautiful Songs and a Thrilling Score – The rousing music, recorded and remastered at the legendary Abbey Road Studios and EastWest Studios, is a perfect soundtrack to accompany a great adventure.

Reactions: Seriel

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Of course, they couldn't have found a more pronounceable title!

"Hey, what are you playing?"
"Oh, you know, just some Utawarerumono!"
If you look at the press emails we get (The non-Deep Silver ones), Atlus keeps putting in the way to pronounce it, which I find kinda hilarious.

Ok. Say it with me, Uta-wa-re-ru-mono. Got it? Good.
-Atlus 2017

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty hyped about it, as a fan of the original Hentai game.
As for the name... It already got an anime adaptation, not to mention that the original game got some following too. Changing the name would be pretty confusing for some.

Besides, for a Japanese game, the name isn't all that hard to say, could've been much, much worse.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow that's a title I never thought i'd see again.
Pleasant surprise, it's a good one.

Also for those scared by the title...it's easy to break down

uta-ware-ru-mono

at least that's how I broke it down to spell it. Breaking up ware for the pronunciation screws me up.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it really that hard to pronounce?
It is just Uta-wareru-mono... just 7 syllables.
(somebody please let me know why/how is it hard for you... this is getting OT AF)

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it really that hard to pronounce?
It is just Uta-wareru-mono... just 7 syllables.
(somebody please let me know why/how is it hard for you... this is getting OT AF)
Indeed. I think we who have a germanic based language have some advantages when it comes to Japanese pronunciation though. うたわれるもの。 Easy! :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-