Hacking UStealth - Wii U 'Format Disk' Nag workaround :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should do this utility but as vWii homebrew so we do not have to keep on plugging the hard drive into a computer.
I might add it in USBLoaderGX, even if I was against it (I don't like the idea of users editing the partition table from the loader), but it will be easier to unhide a drive to launch EmuNAND/other homebrew without putting the drive on computer. I've already written most of the code.

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You should do this utility but as vWii homebrew so we do not have to keep on plugging the hard drive into a computer.

Agree, a homebrew version would be very useful. I need to learn a little more about wii homebrew dev for that. It may take time given my busy life at the moment. Nice idea though! Perhaps someone who knows what they're doing could tackle it?

steplay29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi guys sorry if this is a bit of topic am going to try this on my drive,but wanted to know do you still have to have your sd card removed from the wiiu when booting into vwii mode ie:always have your sd card in.

JiggyEyeJoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If your vwii is already hacked you can leave the sdcard the whole time in the wiiu.
The only time you have to remove it, is when you want to install the HBC on vwii with a savegame hack, e.g. smash stack.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I downloaded the progam, but when I double click the drive, literally nothing happens. No error message, no update of status. Nada.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's already been explained that ONLY Disc based wii game will work.
NO EmuNAND, NO Devolution, NO DIOS MIOS, NO other homebrew.
Only Wii games.

It's not a permanent solution to stop WiiU from displaying the message, it's only a trick on the HDD to corrupt the partition table and makes it unreadable by all other devices or applications (computer, consoles, etc.) unless they are specifically rewritten to be compatible.
It's up to you to decide if it's worth it to play with your Partition table for your HDD usage.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thanks for the heads up - it was late my side when I posted. Link has been updated.
Unfortunately I can't see a way of having Windows recognize it other than perhaps creating a seperate .exe that runs when your specific drive is inserted that changes the boot signature... I think that's a longer than long shot... besides, it takes 15 seconds to run and if you only need it when transferring stuff... :)
Would it be possible to add support to Wii Backup Manager so it can access the hidden HDD just like it can access WBFS partitions that Windows itself can't?

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's already been explained that ONLY Disc based wii game will work.
NO EmuNAND, NO Devolution, NO DIOS MIOS, NO other homebrew.
Only Wii games.

It's not a permanent solution to stop WiiU from displaying the message, it's only a trick on the HDD to corrupt the partition table and makes it unreadable by all other devices or applications (computer, consoles, etc.) unless they are specifically rewritten to be compatible.
It's up to you to decide if it's worth it to play with your Partition table for your HDD usage.

Well, I think it is up to tueidj whether his application supports boot sector 55AB or not.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, but currently it's not working with homebrew which are checking the signature.
Some homebrew doesn't, and just mount the found partition. Maybe Devolution works like that?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A better solution for me was buying a cheap remote socket (10 euro for 4 of them!) And connected it to my hdd power supply.
When enterin wiimode I just switch my hdd on using the remote and turn it of before enering wiiU mode.
Works perfectly.and I can still use my hdd for every other homebrew.

Drcreek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.david-marsden.com
XP
Country
Reactions: elunesgrace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users