lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on a custom GH3 disc and want to keep the highest quality audio possible, so I'm looking to use WiiScrubber 1.21 to replace some of the smaller songs with custom songs that are larger than the originals. For one reason or another, I believe that's supposed to be possible with WS1.21. Well, a few issues arise. First, it takes nearly 10 minutes to replace one file on the ISO, and that's just annoying. But that I can get past. Second, after the file is properly replaced and the disc reparsed, what would I do next? Just close WS1.21 and all should be fine? Or do I have to save it, or Trucha Sign it? Finally, I tried this last night and WS1.21 said the file replacement went properly, but when I booted up the disc, the game crashed while hovering over the one WS replaced file. Did I do something wrong?

Has anyone here had success in using WS1.21 to replace files larger than the originals on an ISO?

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Anyone? Please
unsure.gif

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know about GH - but all you should need to do when updating a file is just select load. When the file is replaced it should automatically 'trucha sign' the partition.

It works by looking for some free space on the disc to locate the larger file and then copying the file to that location and updating the fst.bin to point to it.

However.....

There is one 'feature' that I am aware of and that is the right click issue. This is due to a 'feature' of windows programming where a selected item may not actually be selected in a tree control. Make sure you press the left hand button to select the file before pressing the right hand button to choose the load/save menu.

Also.....

You can manualy perform the larger load in Trucha signer if you want
smile.gif
(should save some load time)

Use wiiscrubber to create a 'trucha' scrub. This will generate a few files including a replacement fst.bin. Inside the fst.bin you will find 5 file entries which mark the free space in the partition.

Then extract the real fst.bin from the image.

You can then modify the 'fst.bin' so that the ones you want to replace point to the free space areas instead and with a modified size i.e. create a modified fst.bin.

With Trucha signer you can then simply replace the fst.bin on the original iso image with the modified one, sign the image and then close and reopen. Trucha will then allow for replacement of the larger files.

As to an updated wiiscrubber that should hopefully be out by next weekend as I'm now over the 6 week case of food poisoning due to dodgy chicken in an indian restaurant
smile.gif
(And the file replacement speed is quicker!)

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Had other things running through my mind the last few weeks
smile.gif

Next version will probably be the last release as it's now gone beyond it's original intention.

There are other more interesting apps......
wink.gif

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Dack, thanks for the response, but could I get some more detail from you?

I don't understand this whole bit about fst.bin. Are there tools I can use to extract the files within the fst.bin and do I have to use something to move them back and forth? I guess I'm new to the whole Scrubbing bit here, though I've successfully used Trucha Signer in the past.

So is there any sort of explicit explanation you can give me as to how to do all the things you mentioned in that post? Obviously, I can get the Scrub and the extraction of fst.bin just fine
smile.gif

Thanks.

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76509&st=855

Sould be a a useful tool for you.

The PM I sent should explain the rest in a bit more detail.

Basically:
extract the fst.bin
change the start location of the files you want to change to the free area, modify their sizes too
when you've got a finalized fst.bin then load the iso in trucha
use trucha to replace the existing fst.bin - it will be the same size as the original
sign and close the iso and then reload. The modified fst.bin will then be used instead
the sizes in the fst.bin are used for the file size checks in trucha and so you can then load the larger files in.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Dack said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=76509&st=855

Sould be a a useful tool for you.

The PM I sent should explain the rest in a bit more detail.

Basically:
extract the fst.bin
change the start location of the files you want to change to the free area, modify their sizes too
when you've got a finalized fst.bin then load the iso in trucha
use trucha to replace the existing fst.bin - it will be the same size as the original
sign and close the iso and then reload. The modified fst.bin will then be used instead
the sizes in the fst.bin are used for the file size checks in trucha and so you can then load the larger files in.
That's the bit I do not understand at all. Not even after reading your PM. I don't know anything about HEX editing or these programs.
wacko.gif

Is there any chance that if I sent you (or anyone) the FakeFST.bin, fst.bin, ReplacementBoot.bin, SBRUBP1.dat and SCRUBBEDFST.bin that someone could do all this bit for me, or walk me through it?

Also, how is what you just told me to do different than what Wii Scrubber told me to do when it said:
QUOTEFinished! Now use Trucha to:
1. Update the fst.bin of the image with FakeFST.BIN and thetn close image
2. Reopen image and update boot.bin with ReplacementBoot.bin and fst.bin with SCRUBBEDFST.bin
3. Then close image and reopen again
4. Then update SCRUBP1.BIN to SCRUBP5.bin files

REMEMBER TO SIGN WHEN TRUCHA PROMPTS YOU
Also, it should be noted that I don't have SCRUBP2-SCRUBP3.BIN files. Just P1.

Thanks for anyone's help. I wish I understood it myself...

EDIT: And where does the fst Reader v0.3 come into play?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
The Wiiscrubber trucha scrub does not modify the image, it relied on using trucha signer to do the dirty work. What it does do though is create a modified fst.bin that has the free space marked out for you (the scrubp1.bin file entry).

If you load the replacementfst.bin file into the fst reader and look at the values for scrubp1.bin it will give you the start of the free space and the length of it.

Write these values down.

Open up the real fst.bin extracted from the GH iso.

Change the location and length for the files you want to change to values relative to the numbers you wrote down earlier.

i.e. if freespace start = 0x500000 and freespace length = 0x300000 and you wanted to change track1, track2 and track3 then change the fst entries for them (start and size) to:
OFFSET length
track1 = freespace start, length = length of file you are trying to add
track2 = freespace start + length of track1, new length of track2
track3 = freespace start + length of track1 and length of track2, length of track3
etc....

The sum of all the length you are trying to change MUST be less than the freespace length mentioned earlier (otherwise you would overwrite some valid data).

Any clearer?

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Does replacementfst.bin = FakeFST.bin?

Also, what's the best way to open the scrubp1.bin? I just tried loading it on Notepad, but at over 300 MB, it might take an awfully long time.

EDIT: This is all I see when I load up FakeFST.bin in FST Reader. I don't have a replacementfst.bin file.

fakefst.jpg

EDIT: I see. replacementfst.bin = SCRUBBEDFST.bin

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
It should have read SCRUBBEDFST.bin - sorry (was writing on a different computer from memory)

The values of offset and size for SCRUBP1 are the free space start and size - you'll not need to open the actual SCRUBP1 file as you are just going to use the values for it in the real FST.BIN

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
No worries, thanks for the reply. OK, I think I've got it. But just to be sure, what's in the red box is the length of a file, right? In bytes.

size.jpg

And one more thing. Here's what I got from SCRUBP1.dat: Offset = ca4000, Size = 324741120. So if I understand this right, and track1 = 23232512, and track2=23822336, then

name = offset, length
track1 = ca4000, 23232512
track2 = ca4000?+23232512, 23822336

So what's the track2 offset?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Thats right - the size of the bellyofashark file is 23232512 bytes and if track2 is 23822336 bytes then you would have:

track1 = ca4000, 23232512
track2 = 22cc000, 23822336

One of the problems with the fst viewer is it puts the offsets in hex while the lengths are in decimal. If you use windows calc to convert the original offset to decimal ca4000 = 13254656 and then MS it. then enter the length of the track1, M+ it then MR. The convert to hex, it will give the correct offset value for track. For track3 you just need to then switch back to decimal, enter the length of the added track2, M+, MR, hex to give the next hex offset etc.

Remember to have calc on advanced mode

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks! Now I have a tricky question for you. There's not enough freespace to add all the tracks I want to do. So say track3custom is bigger than track3original but smaller than track2original (track2custom being moved to the freespace), could I change the track3custom offset to the track2original offset (no need to change the length, I'd think) and write it there?

Basically, can I play this puzzle game and get all the files on there uncompressed by hiding them anywhere I know there's unused (whether free, or diverted) space?

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep - you can put the files wherever there is free space. As you have now moved files from their original locations you could then reuse that space as it would be marked as unused.

Now I'm off to bed
smile.gif

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Wait! This doesn't work. Using FST Reader 0.3, if I copy and paste the details of an offset/length from one file to another, that goes perfectly fine. But when I manually type any entry anywhere, as soon as I move away from that file, the entry reverts to what it was before I tried to edit it. Basically, that stops me from being able to use any of the extra space I just tracked down! What's the deal with that? How can I manually enter an offset or length and have it actually stay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==