using vita as a second ps4 controller

Discussion in 'PS4 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ShonenJump, Feb 26, 2015.

1. ShonenJump
    OP

ShonenJump Gbatemp's Mangaka

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    So i have 1 ps4 dualshock controller and psvita. I wanted the vita to be a second controller on the ps4. I want to use it as a bluetooth controller is that possible? Or is it only wifi? I know about remote play but my internet connection isnt that good.

2. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    You don't need to use wifi for remote play when your at a short distance. You can enable a setting in the ps4 that it first uses a local connection, for remote play. I tried this last weekend, and worked perfectly, even with wifi disconnected on both the ps4 and Vita. You can't use it as a bluetooth contrller though, which is a shame. You'll also need a second account on the ps4 for the dualshock 4 controller (a guest account works fine)

3. ShonenJump
    OP

ShonenJump Gbatemp's Mangaka

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Space
    I already know about remote play. But as a bluetooth controller. And some games isnt playable with remote play like xenoverse :( but thanks

4. ResleyZ

ResleyZ Swiggity swaggity swooty, I love my own booty

Oct 11, 2013
    Netherlands
    Silicon Valley
    That won't work, I'm afraid. At least, not from what I've experienced/read myself. Using remote play is the only way for someone else to control the PS4 with a Vita. It might be coming in a future update, but who knows..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice