Hardware Using SSD/nvme enclosure/SD cards larger than 512GB

Akumara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As storage is becoming larger and cheaper, has anyone tested any SSD's or cards larger than 512GB?

One day id like to store every single game on the console that it can play without needing multiple power sources or multiple hard drives. But i think you would need like 5-7TB if you include all PSX/GC/SNES/Arcade etc.

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As storage is becoming larger and cheaper, has anyone tested any SSD's or cards larger than 512GB?

One day id like to store every single game on the console that it can play without needing multiple power sources or multiple hard drives. But i think you would need like 5-7TB if you include all PSX/GC/SNES/Arcade etc.
ssd is not needed wiiu is only usb 2.0 so you won't benefit from the speed off the ssd .don't know about a +512 sd card but why would you use that on a wiiu?

Akumara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
faster load times, and if you take the wiiu somewhere u can just install all the popular games on the sd card so no need to take a hard drive with you.

SSD is not needed, but its the better storage option for long-term storage. Not looking for speed benefits, but longevity. I've had HDD's fail in my lifetime.

Reactions: hemi426

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
actually ssd isnt a good solution for long term storage, data decay fast on it (faster than mechanical), look it up
(in short, if you let your wiiU with her ssd sit for a while, like 2 years or something, data could be lost)

Reactions: YassoMasso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks