Using ShinyQuagsire's Splatoon 2 Post Printer

Discussion in 'General Tutorials' started by dj505, Aug 5, 2017.

1. dj505
    OP

dj505 Inexperienced Romhacker

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Most likely at the arcade
    Alright, good to know! It's likely a software issue. If you do end up getting it to work, let me know so I can add a portion to the guide!

2. Tomtortoise

Tomtortoise Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    United States
    IT WORKS!!!

I looked at your other post with the guy trying on the leonardo where you posted this file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pt9txl57q35dkce/Joystick.hex

I uploaded it using the same method as I did before with that command line code and plugged it in. Took about 3 seconds and it started right up, no need to reset it after plugging it in. As of now it is 100% confirmed that the Arduino Pro Micro 16 Mhz boards using the ATMega32u4 chipset work with the switch and this program. All I need to do now is figure out how to make the .hex files. Could you post anything you did differently on that last Joystick.hex you made? the one I linked on this post?

3. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Sweet! Nice job! Only thing I did differently with that one was use the alternate repo instead of ShinyQuagsire's haha

4. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    Do you have a mirror for this ?
    I can't download it, when it sent me a link to confirm my account it gave me a broken link...
    Code:
    http://?utm_campaign=AtmelUserRegistrationEmail&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua&p=aOG8pLs6jiolN0P5E78umZUcCiJF9WXbkakEC9K3q+mOG1cGZCYDHEKGbz3XWNH
    is what they sent to me.

5. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    -snip-

Last edited by dj505, Aug 8, 2017
  6. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Here you go

Arck likes this.
  7. Tomtortoise

Tomtortoise Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    United States
    And I got the rest of it working, .hex files are being created. I found a reddit post where someone gave links to different versions of the LUFA and fight stick repositories which I will link here

LUFA
    https://github.com/abcminiuser/lufa/tree/0c3cc140065851b10a697ffc6467f1ec8a018b6a

Fightstick
    https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/Switch-Fightstick/tree/38463d695e5e81039ad72903fdc6dbc9f7fec86a

I am currently writing up the steps for uploading onto the 32u4 so I will have that all set by tomorrow. it will include the new links and how to upload it. I will post that on this thread when its done.

8. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Ok, sweet! Awesome work!

9. Tomtortoise

Tomtortoise Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    United States
    So I am finally able to make my own HEX files that actually print. In its current form, this project is unusable to pretty much any user that doesn't have some level of comfort with this stuff and patience.

I have no idea what steps that I took actually had a positive effect on getting this working. Maybe a linux VM with everything all set to go would be the easiest, all you have to do is copy/paste some command line stuff or even have it all automated.

10. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Perhaps. Still, no matter what, it's not exactly a beginner friendly project and likely won't be for a while. A GUI version would be cool, but would still require all the same dependencies.

11. 98otiss

98otiss Phantom Thief

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    upload_2018-7-9_23-3-29.png thanks!