Hacking Using SDHC cards on Wii (Solved)

Brrr in Alaska

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use SDHC cards to setup a hacked Wii. This requires re-partitioning the card. If you are unfamiliar with partitions get some help from someone who does. It is beyond the scope of this article to get into partitioning and it will be assumed you know or have help in this area.

The secret to getting the SDHC cards to work is to partition them for 2GBs in FAT (16) format and be sure to have the partition set as a primary partition. I personally used a PNY 8GB SDHC card to mod my Wii (system 4.3U) where Letterbomb was not working until I did the above steps. After you have installed the Letterbomb and have Homebrew channel working, you can repartition the card back to it's full size as 1 partition in FAT 32 to give you the take advantage of the cards full storage capacity.

Hope this is useful to the Wii community.

DrePwns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Though, a black screen will appear on the startup once bootmii boot2 is installed onto your Wii device via SDHC. That's why it's recommended that only SD cards are used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1