Hacking Using save game on r4itt card

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my son has an r4itt card for is ndsi console. I downloaded a save game file that is supposed to have all of the pokemon characters unlocked but when I transfer the .sav file to sdhc card and insert it into the r4itt cartridge and then in the console, and then I start the game the game starts from the beginning and acts like there is no save at all and nothing is unlocked. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please tell me how to get this .sav file to work on my sons ndsi console. Thank you kindly for any helpful input.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could guess and guess and guess, so I'll throw this out there, since I'm not familiar with the R4iTT. A lot of other R4 clones use <romname>.nds.sav rather than <romname>.sav. So you'd have these files in your SD card:

Pokemon Diamond.nds
Pokemon Diamond.nds.sav

whereas on other cards, you'd have

Pokemon Diamond.nds
Pokemon Diamond.sav

So you can try renaming your save file to fit that first guideline, the entire rom's file name.nds.sav.

Or, the "do a slight bit of work on your end but get a definite answer"

Make a new game in pokemon on your R4iTT. Save it. Put the microSD in your computer. Make sure the save that you WANT to use is named EXACTLY the same as the one that the R4iTT generated, then copy the file over and replace the empty one on the microSD.

Reactions: gottuhaveit

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the prompt response sicklyboy. The card I am referring to does have the save as .sav and not .nds.sav. Sorry for not leaving more details. The game was on the sdhc card and had a .sav file on it. I dragged the .sav file onto the card and overwrote the existing .sav file. Would this pretty much be the same thing as you mentioned or do I need a game with no .sav at all in order to use the downloaded .sav file with the game? I remember going thru this before years ago shortly after this game came out but damn sure cannot remember how I got the .sav file to work with this game. It is hell getting old for sure. Damn that C.R.S. LMAO

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you kindly Rydian for the converter but I don't know what I would convert since the .sav that I downloaded is already in the exact same format that is on the sdhc card and that the r4itt cartridge uses. Also there is nothing in the drop down menu for the r4 card that I have. I might just have to purchase another kind for him. Whenever I overwrite the .sav file that exists with the one that is supposed to have all the pokemon unlocked the only thing that happens is it goes back to the beginning of the game with nothing at all unlocked. Maybe one of you would be kind enough to point me to a good .sav file that has all pokemon unlocked for pokemon diamond. Thanks again for the help.

Oh and by the way this is the .sav file that I previously downloaded here from filetrip: http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/game-saves/download-pokemon-diamond-all-493-pokemon-f1337.html

I also checked the .sav files from the r4itt card that I am using and they are 512kb just like the .sav files that the card produces for the games so I am truly at a loss here. Here is the site where I purchased the card so you will know which one I actually have: http://www.r4itt.net/

Ok since I cannot seem to get the .sav files to work properly with this card which card is the best card to use that works good with .sav files and with the version 1.4.5 for dsi. My son's dsi is currently on 1.4.3 will it stop the card from working if I do the system update? Thanks for all the help.

gottuhaveit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys I finally got it to work and you won't believe what I had to do. I had to transfer all the info on the sdhc card to my pc and then format the card. Once I had it formatted I transferred all the files back to the sdhc card. I inserted the sdhc in the r4ittds cartridge and then inserted it into the console and low and behold it asked me if I wanted to continue the game or start a new game and everything is unlocked. Wow what a pain in the ass just to use a modded .sav file. I believe I had to do this before in order to get a .sav file to work with this r4itt so it is honestly time to explore another card for my sons console as well as this card cannot be updated for version 1.4.5 of the dsi which I believe is the most current version. Thanks again for the help.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of SD card are you using? Size, class, brand, and where you got it from?

Sounds like you might be using a cheap, shitty microSD. That could be the root of the issue.

Edit - I mean don't get me wrong, by all means look at different flash carts too. R4iTT is a cheap R4 knockoff. You should never have a problem with the Supercard DSTWO, but it's on the pricey side of carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative