Hacking Using PKG files on PS3 - Need Help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they'll be installed to the same place: dev_hdd0/game . all packages aside from certain custom ones install there regardless of location installed from. as for your issue, I'm not sure what could be wrong unless the ports are failing or something.

R3DRE111AVER

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
went into hdd off usb though multi man but same issue it wouldn't install it so there is a ghost in the machine thanks for your help
pkg - psnstuff-3.07-with-updated-database-2021 on pc - is what i was using without issues until today

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure, I've never used that app or even know what it does really. it could be a corrupted pkg. if the sha-1 doesn't return the same as the pkg, it will error at like 14%.

DS92

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
i to have the PSN issue with PKG Games, even though i got the RAP file in the right folder on my PS3's HDD.
i would sign in to PSN but i would need to update my PS3 which i dont want to do.
not sure what to do.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i to have the PSN issue with PKG Games, even though i got the RAP file in the right folder on my PS3's HDD.
i would sign in to PSN but i would need to update my PS3 which i dont want to do.
not sure what to do.
Put the rap in dev_usb000/exdata or dev_hdd0/exdata then start game.

DS92

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hen or cfw?
Hen.

Edit: well for now i give up, i dont know what to do.
Post automatically merged:

Hen or cfw?
so, i can use ReactPSN to launch the game, but everytime i turn off the PS3 i have to redo the whole ReactPSN thing.

i think that proves i got it in the right folder. but how do i get this to work correctly with having to use ReactPSN?

Edit 2: yeah i think i need to sign in to PSN and activate my PS3, but idk how without updating the PS3.

Last edited by DS92,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't even need to do that. all you have to do is run the game with the rap file in the exdata folder on dev_hdd0 or dev_usb000 (the one closest to the bd drive).
I've just installed some games, made the exdata folder for the licenses, but when I try to play a game it shows the PS Store pop up to renew the license. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just installed some games, made the exdata folder for the licenses, but when I try to play a game it shows the PS Store pop up to renew the license. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
do you have an act.dat? I haven't used the ps3 in ages, well before this new method of unlocking, but there's not a single piece of content that can't be unlocked without a license.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have an act.dat? I haven't used the ps3 in ages, well before this new method of unlocking, but there's not a single piece of content that can't be unlocked without a license.
I don't know.

I CFW'd my PS3 Slim two weeks ago and today I decided to install apps and games on it expecting it to work just fine as it did on others, but oddly, it doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1