Hacking Using O3DS Emunand with N3DS

xRogueShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a noobish question. I recently got a New 3DS and still want to keep my friends but I am unable to load emunand on New 3DS. It gets to dragon but afterwards blackscreen. I'm loading into it using this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/. Do I just wait till Gateway 3DS releases update and just do system transfer O3DS gateway emunand to New 3DS Luma+A9LH? If so would it be possible to factory reset O3DS and setup Luma+A9LH(for my brother) but still access Gateway emunand on O3DS while I wait for Gateway update. Just trying to find best option here to switch to N3DS and keep all my friends and NNID. Open to suggestions.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is a noobish question. I recently got a New 3DS and still want to keep my friends but I am unable to load emunand on New 3DS. It gets to dragon but afterwards blackscreen. I'm loading into it using this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/. Do I just wait till Gateway 3DS releases update and just do system transfer O3DS gateway emunand to New 3DS Luma+A9LH? If so would it be possible to factory reset O3DS and setup Luma+A9LH(for my brother) but still access Gateway emunand on O3DS while I wait for Gateway update. Just trying to find best option here to switch to N3DS and keep all my friends and NNID. Open to suggestions.
it shouldnt boot actually, because you cant run an emunand from another console. what im getting is that your trying to move the emunand to another systems sysnand , which can be done if you systransfer from the o3ds emunand to the n3ds, then use freeshop to install all the games you originally had. or backup saves with jksm, then do the same.

Reactions: xRogueShadow

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently did this, following 3ds.guide :

a9lh + luma on both

emunand o3ds becomes sysnand old 3ds

backup saves as you uninstall every game on old 3ds

update both to 11.3

system transfer old 3ds -> new 3ds

Hope it helps.

xRogueShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently did this, following 3ds.guide :

a9lh + luma on both

emunand o3ds becomes sysnand old 3ds

backup saves as you uninstall every game on old 3ds

update both to 11.3

system transfer old 3ds -> new 3ds

Hope it helps.
But I thought Gateway can't be updated right now? Even if I convert emunand to sysnand won't it still be Gateway?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You won't be using Gateway in the process. Once you're in 11.3 you'll be temporarily locked out of Gateway too, as I am now, waiting on update on their part to resume my gateway saves. The workaround I found was to start playing games I hadn't on Gateway until now.

A little piece of advice would be to convert your gateway saves to cia saves before you're locked out. I regret not doing this.

But other than that you'll end up with your gateway emunand on your new 3ds (as a sysnand) just like how it was, except without the gateway and previously installed games.

This is the most clean solution and has a low risk of bricking if you follow the guide precisely and heed its warnings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a bonus, by using cfw you'll be able to call a friend over and coop with your old 3ds, since you won't be depending on Gateway.

xRogueShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be using Gateway in the process. Once you're in 11.3 you'll be temporarily locked out of Gateway too, as I am now, waiting on update on their part to resume my gateway saves. The workaround I found was to start playing games I hadn't on Gateway until now.

A little piece of advice would be to convert your gateway saves to cia saves before you're locked out. I regret not doing this.

But other than that you'll end up with your gateway emunand on your new 3ds (as a sysnand) just like how it was, except without the gateway and previously installed games.

This is the most clean solution and has a low risk of bricking if you follow the guide precisely and heed its warnings.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As a bonus, by using cfw you'll be able to call a friend over and coop with your old 3ds, since you won't be depending on Gateway.
For so reason godmode9 does not detect my emunand. What should I do?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Are you following the guide step by step? Is your 3ds on 2.1 right now with armloaderhax and Luma setup?

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No idea here, you should be able to create an emunand image from godmode9. I did this on two different o3ds without problems.

xRogueShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea here, you should be able to create an emunand image from godmode9. I did this on two different o3ds without problems.
Do you think if I backup with emunand tool on computer and restore from hourglass9 would work?

Edit: Figured out I need to backup O3DS and restore on N3DS.

Last edited by xRogueShadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM