Using my original save to play a backup game.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by choupette, Jul 4, 2016.

1. choupette
    OP

choupette GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    Hi,

I've been playing tokyo mirage sessions #fe for 10 hours, it's a good game. I wanted to try it out on a sd card, to see if my sd card is faster than the disc, and of course to give a try to the patch.

So, everything went fine, I just wanted to use my original 10 hours save on the backup. (it's supposed to be the same release : the european one) is it possible to do that ?

2. ANTONIOPS

ANTONIOPS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2016
    Dump it with saviine, then copy the files to the save folder on the sd card.

3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    If you have the disc then dump /vol with DDD. You'll get the exact same copy that's on the disc and you get your save that will work with loadiine. You also ensure you're using the same exact version of the game, updates and all.

4. choupette
    OP

choupette GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    I have the eur disc and I downloaded the eur release, I guess I'll try ddd if it makes it that easy. Thank you for your answers.

5. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 10, 2006
    United States
    To be clear, you wish to use your modified (work in progress) 10 hours save that is stored internally in the Wii U.
    Not your new original "blank"(unused) save that all physical discs include.

My recommendation(for what I think you want) is to use Saviine.

Also, when you put another 10 hours on your save, you may wish to transfer it back to the internal Wii U for continued original disc use.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_, Jul 5, 2016
  6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Saviine and DDD will both dump the save file. I just recommended DDD because the OP made it sound like he was using a downloaded dump. Never know what you get there.