Using MT-emuNAND classic saves in rxMode

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mid-kid, Mar 29, 2015.

1. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Okay, we all know that some games use a new kind of encryption for saves, and that those which are created on sysNAND >6.x don't work on 4.x
    Now, I thought I could just play my saves on an updated emuNAND and enjoy them forever as long as I don't upgrade my sysNAND.
    Boy, was I wrong.
    As we all know, 9.6 was just released, and whoop-de-doo, emuNAND stopped working. Thankfully, someone by the name of Roxas75 updated his emuNAND solution to be compatible with it.
    That's great and all, but there's a little caveat: Saves (that use the new encryption) from MT-emuNAND don't work on rxMode.
    Now, the saves (only one in my case: smash) are stuck on MT's emuNAND, and I don't think we can expect anything coming from MT's side.

Am I the only person who was stupid enough to do this?
    How would we go about playing our saves in rxMode (if it's even possible)?

2. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    I was another fool that didn't really pay attention and used RXTools to upgrade to 9.6 emuNAND now all Saves came up corrupt :cry:

Mario Golf,NSMB 2,Zelda LBW and countless others....hopefully there's still hope they ain't completely gone

3. mid-kid
    OP

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    You could create a new emuNAND and update it to 9.5 using CIAs (Also works with CFW).

Digital.One.Entity likes this.
  4. Digital.One.Entity

Digital.One.Entity Banned

Banned
    Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    Right Here
    I got a problem tho my Laptop has Win 8 and the netwatcher doesn't pick up my 3ds hence I have trouble installing .cia's ATM.......