Using micro sdhc cards with larger amount of memory?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by famicon_don, Jul 4, 2011.

1. famicon_don
    OP

Newcomer famicon_don Member

United States
    I was going to get an 8gb micro sdhc card and was wondering if using a larger sized card with a flash cart could cause problems when playing ds games on the flash cart?

2. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    No. If there is a problem with the microSD it won't have anything to do with the size, but rather with its read speed (which is usually a reflection of build quality rather than storage capacity).

You can read more about this here, under "What brand, size and class of SD card should I get for my flashcart?": http://gbatemp.net/t278137-ds-dsi-3ds-hacking-f-a-q

3. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Actually, yes, if for example you have an R4 (official or 1:1 clone) then the limit is 2GB so in a way, it can affect it, it all depends on your flashcart.

4. molh394

Member molh394 GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    But he was going to get an 8GB sdhc card already. Since his cart can support SDHC that isn't really relevant to him. [​IMG]

5. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Unless it was in another thread that I missed, how on earth did you work out his cart can support SDHC, I don't remember reading that in the op.

6. jonthedit

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    Everyones getting 8gb sdhc cards from my newegg link I posted earlier xD