Using MAME To Start On Different Levels/ Screens?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by mikeyt1998, May 19, 2015.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    I'm just wondering if it's possible to use MAME to start myself on a level in any given game other than Level 1?

I'm doing a video on 'Killscreen' Glitches, and I know I'm not good enough to play through the games past level 255 to activate them, so it'd be great to know if there's a way to start at say, level 254, or even 255?

I'll either be using MAME for PC, (though I've never ever used it for a PC so would need to know what the best version to use would be) or using the Wii Version (SDL MAME Wii). I'm not sure if it would be possible on Wii, so maybe PC is the only option.

Any help here would be appreciated! I've tried to take a quick scan online but usually I'd rather turn to you guys with the most experience I know of! :)

Thanks guys!

EDIT: I found THIS page of compiled cheats, but the latest version of MAME is 0.161, the cheats are listed for use with MAME 0.156. Does anyone know if this file will work with the latest MAME, or shall I just use the older version?

2. jtvjan

jtvjan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2014
    Netherlands
    Roermond
    They mostly are compatible, but make sure the rom is the same version as the cheat.