Homebrew Question Using internal speakers whilst docked

JDSP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Outside of me purchasing a HDMI Audio splitter or just a small portable speaker with 3.5mm input, is there is a way I could allow for the console to use it's internal speakers whilst docked?

Would ReverseNX cause this to happen? if not is there an existing project that enables this?

Thanks, JDSP

JDSP

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why though?

I rarely use my switch docked, but if I were to it would through my monitor which doesn't have speakers let alone HDMI in so I would either need to purchase an audio splitter or a portable speaker. Not fussed if I have to but if there is a homebrew software / config I can change that would allow me to use the internal speakers would rather that

Also yes I have a modded dock so the whole front is visible

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I rarely use my switch docked, but if I were to it would through my monitor which doesn't have speakers let alone HDMI in so I would either need to purchase an audio splitter or a portable speaker. Not fussed if I have to but if there is a homebrew software / config I can change that would allow me to use the internal speakers would rather that

Ah ok in that context it makes far more sense.

Perhaps an external speaker to the headphone jack would be the way to go.

Reactions: JDSP

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get an HDMI Splitter that output sound to a sound source like a speaker if you want too, modern monitor has a speaker port, and in general when the switch is docked it output sound via HDMI port, you could use headphone Jack slot on the system but it just extra wire, it works that way also.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Have you checked if your monitor has a 3.5mm output? Most do these days. You could connect your existing speakers that you use for your computer through that, assuming they are only stereo. Alternatively, you can do what I used to do a lot, and connect the headphone out to the line in on your PC using a male-male 3.5mm cable, enabling "listen to this device" in the Windows sound settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: