Homebrew Using backup ISO from Homebrew

DupontThierry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I read plenty of "tutorials" about homebrew, wiiflow, cleanup, etc.... but I am still blocked. My goal is to get rid of DVDs reader (which shows some issues...), so find a way to copy the DVD I have (officials ones, bought legally) in a file format that I can execute on my Wii (from SD card). Here is what I already did:
  • Installed Homebrew
  • Installed Wiiflow
  • Installed USBloader GX
  • Run CleanRip on the Wii
Fine... I now have a ".iso" file of 2 Go corresponding to the game on the DVD. The issue is on the next steps... I should have found the answer in some forums, but I really cannot find it. My understanding is that I should be able to put the game in some software format on the SD card and execute it. But no way... Here is what I tried (mainly on Mac OS):

CONVERTING TO WBFS
  • Tried to convert the ISO with "Wii Backup fusion"
    • I can see my ISO file (2Go)
    • Got the message "no WBFS partition found" when selecting "Transfer to WBFS" function. Probably that "Wii backup fusion" is looking for a WBFS formatted device...

• Tried to use WiiJmanager
    • Could never pass the 24% of progression (not sure to have done things right here...)

• Use ISOtoWBFS on Windows
    • An error occur (without any more information...)

I tried to put directly the .iso in a "wbfs" folder on the SD card ==> Wiiflow doesn't see anything...

So I am missing something somewhere... What is the easiest way, having homebrew, Wiiflow and the ISO extracted by CleanRip, to have the game running from the SD card ?

Many thanks for any help or hint...

Best regards.

Last edited by DupontThierry,

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, no Wii loaders load ISOs.
They load .WBFS files (hence the folder name)
If you're ripping the games from your PC, use a WBFS rip software (a quick google search will help) or if you use USBLoader GX (and possibly some other homebrew loaders) you can rip discs directly from your Wii to the WBFS folder, in a WBFS format.

azzarod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A 2Gb ISO of a Wii game doesn't sound quite right... it should be ~4.7 GB unless you've compressed it or stripped out junk data somehow...

Have you tried converting directly from the iso to wbfs? I've used USBLoaderGX to create about 40 wbfs files, and haven't had a problem.

Alternatively, if you're on a PC try Wii Backup Manager (Google search, it should be the first result, UK site) to rip the wbfs directly form the disc rather than the ISO file.

Last edited by azzarod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-