Using an xbox 360 controller on my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by 357, Nov 14, 2009.

Nov 14, 2009
  1. 357
    OP

Newcomer 357 Newbie

United States
    Is it possible at all to use my xbox controller on the wii? If not, someone should make that happen.

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    Why can't that "somebody" be you? You can't expect coders to bend to your every demand [​IMG]

There isn't currently anything that allows this compatibility, but it is theoretically possible. The Xbox controller is a rather simple USB device that requires a basic driver to run on Windows PC's and can also be used on Linux systems, so it is possible that someone may write a new library for it on top of the USB libs. I haven't heard of anyone specifically working on it, though.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Most certainly, if this is ever done, it'll make the controller only work in homebrew apps, not Retail games.

4. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
  5. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    I suppose a heavily-modified IOS could remap an Xbox controller natively as a classic controller or Gamecube controller (probably the former), but that would take a lot of work - it's about the same as asking that the mIOS support USB loading.