Hacking Using an USB Drive

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Can I use an USB Drive (64GB USB 3.0) to install my backups?

I read somewhere that Wii U wasn't powerful enough to support BoTW on an external HDD so there are issues.

I guess an USB Drive would use less energy than a HDD, is this right?

Thanks.

AnonDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I am using a USB drive to play the game and works good, but I'm planning to move soon to a HDD because USB drives tend to die in some time of using them (limited times to do read/write).

The thing is, either you need a HDD with external power or a Y USB Cable, so it gets enough power.

The lame thing is having to format it... I already have one, but with lots of stuff, so can't use it. I read they were working on the FAT32 thing, but I don't know if it will be a thing soon for installing games normally.

Last edited by AnonDragon,
Reactions: Samwix

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a power source for the HDD so a Y cable for the HDD or ac adaptor if it supports it is required. Been using a WD 1TB HDD with no issues since a year ago, require Y cable so no problems for me. I even installed games on the HDD both from wii shop and WUPinstaller.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Can I use an USB Drive (64GB USB 3.0) to install my backups?

I read somewhere that Wii U wasn't powerful enough to support BoTW on an external HDD so there are issues
First, yes it will work.
Second, Not just BoTW, most issues I see for it are from USB, not HDD
Third, y-cable HDD needed, or an external power source, tested it on my old ps3 drive, works fine with y-cable, and my 1TB HDD "enclosed" works fine as well.
The only time I had issues was trying to play it off a USB, as for being 3.0 it won't make a difference because the Wii-U doesn't read 3.0, so it'll see it as a 2.0 usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1