Hacking Using an android phone to install arm9lh and cfw

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's the deal

I have been reading the new plaitarch tutorial, and it looks like it might be possible with just an android phone.

I have no wifi where I live so I'd have to go to a hot spot like subway or something. I have no pc or laptop so I'd have to use my phone. It is a galaxy s4, and I can switch out the sd card while the phone is on without having to take the battery out. I have a torrent client app installed on it already. My 3ds is a new xl 9.9.0-26 with soundhax already installed on it. Thoughts?

I want to know if there is anyone out there at all that has used just an android phone to install cfw on their 3ds no pc. Please give input if you have done it

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's the deal

I have been reading the new plaitarch tutorial, and it looks like it might be possible with just an android phone.

I have no wifi where I live so I'd have to go to a hot spot like subway or something. I have no pc or laptop so I'd have to use my phone. It is a galaxy s4, and I can switch out the sd card while the phone is on without having to take the battery out. I have a torrent client app installed on it already. My 3ds is a new xl 9.9.0-26 with soundhax already installed on it. Thoughts?

I want to know if there is anyone out there at all that has used just an android phone to install cfw on their 3ds no pc. Please give input if you have done it

Yes. Your phone can download torrents and transfer files to SD card, that's all the PC is required for.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You also need file archiver app on your android so you can extract downloaded file too.
And you will have extra folders created by android on your N3DS MicroSD card, which you need to delete after finishing installing. Also, I don't think this will work on O3Ds.

It would be hard work though.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would seriously suggest finding a friend who will let you use their computer. You can do it, but it's really not recommended. If something goes wrong it might be harder to troubleshoot

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an rar app I can extract almost all extensions already lol. Didn't know about these folders I'd have to delete nothing in the tutorial says anything about that. Obviously I can delete the folders but I don't know which ones

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an rar app I can extract almost all extensions already lol. Didn't know about these folders I'd have to delete nothing in the tutorial says anything about that. Obviously I can delete the folders but I don't know which ones

The tutorial tells you all the folders to clean up, backing up the NAND backup would be a priority tho so upload that file to a cloud if you can.

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google drive I guess lol I never made an account on it. How big is the nand file anyway? I know it's a huge requirement

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol i don't get any service on this phone its wifi only its kinda like I use it just as a computer

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got 10+ gigs of space on my phones sd card so I can make a copy or 2 and put them there and upload later I know it'd take hours to upload 2 gigs to a cloud lol

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, here's the deal

wow I have read a lot from plaitect to playlects but wow thats insane that you are able to spell P L A I L E C T that wrong, maybe if he would fork Retroarch he would call it plaitarch who knows, anyways yes I have Installed a9lh two years ago with a 80€ Phone with sysupdater and nonsafea9lhinstaller. took me 5-6 hours, but its possible.

Reactions: nechigawara

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the tutorial now it's a lot easier I don't think it take 6 hours now lol, if it did take that long I think subway would get mad at me or something don't think I'd be able to do it then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Lonely here