Hacking Question Using a clean nand backup on another Switch

Eternam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I am sorry if this is a dumb question or if it has been asked before. Here is the thing. I made a clean nand backup of my switch way back on fw 4.0 or something. But I cant find it in any of my backup disks.
So now I was wondering if I could use my childs switch nandback on mine. His switch hasn't been hacked in anyway and doesnt go online at all. Could I use it on my switch to play online and then use my original nand to load homebrew?
Thanks.

Eternam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
no, NANDs for any system are console-specific.
Yeah I was afraid that would be the case. I hope in some distant future there will be a way to modify nand backups for know I will have to keep looking for my backup.
Thanks for answering.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your hope is to unban yourself, you'd need another system's id. each system is given a different id at time of production and those are recorded in some sort of database, so there's no way to make one up. and, bruteforcing one would take millions of years, so doing this without another system will be impossible.

Reactions: Eternam

Eternam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if your hope is to unban yourself, you'd need another system's id. each system is given a different id at time of production and those are recorded in some sort of database, so there's no way to make one up. and, bruteforcing one would take millions of years, so doing this without another system will be impossible.
I not actually banned. I dont play online, mostly homebrew and fisical games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't hacked my switch, but if I do hack one or something, I'll probably buy an already banned system. having read several comments, about having to reflash the NAND every time you go online, it seems like a hassle especially if you forget to do it at some point. one mistake = banned. though, I don't want a banned system either. I did get banned on my original ps3 for unknown reasons, and I don't even play the thing. I bought a new system, 'cause I didn't like the idea of having a banned system. I guess banned systems are tainted - most people don't want 'em unless they're hackable or very cheap. even if you're self-banned, you still don't want a banned system, maybe partially for that reason.

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I haven't hacked my switch, but if I do hack one or something, I'll probably buy an already banned system. having read several comments, about having to reflash the NAND every time you go online, it seems like a hassle especially if you forget to do it at some point. one mistake = banned. though, I don't want a banned system either. I did get banned on my original ps3 for unknown reasons, and I don't even play the thing. I bought a new system, 'cause I didn't like the idea of having a banned system. I guess banned systems are tainted - most people don't want 'em unless they're hackable or very cheap. even if you're self-banned, you still don't want a banned system, maybe partially for that reason.
well there is emunand or emuemmc so no need to flash nand backups all the time for now

BlackTSQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Afaik you can rebuild a "clean nand", but the problem is that the log files on your system won't be the same as the log files stored on Nintendos servers and therefore it could lead to a ban.

Zris96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Afaik you can rebuild a "clean nand", but the problem is that the log files on your system won't be the same as the log files stored on Nintendos servers and therefore it could lead to a ban.

There should be a way to modify the log files so that you can erase everything after you start to use homebrew and CFW (if you remeber the exact day that you started to use then)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on the ps3, ps4, and the 3ds, the log files are deleted instead of modified. I know the one on the ps3 is encrypted, so there's no way to modify it and make it look legit. the files will be recreated automatically. a blank file might indicate that the system and/or profile is new. however, it may now be recorded on the server side, so they'll probably know that you've done something if the file is empty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.