Hacking Using a 128GB Evo Plus, any problems ?

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I heared a lot about slowdonws when using 128GB cards but i couldn't find something about this card. I want to play .gba, .nds and .cia games on a New 3DS XL. I have already another New 3ds xl with a 64GB Evo Plus and it works well.

So i heared about 3DS start up slowdnown, game loading slowdown and in game slowdown like Pokemon text-speed slowdown. And i also heared about problems with older games like .gba games. And i also read something about using 64KB clusters instead of 32GB which should give more problems in games but on the other hand should give a little bit of speed up ingames ?

Game loading time would be a little bit bad, but ingame slwodown is a no-go for me or problems in gba games. Is there someone with a samsung 128gb evo plus (not evo +) who can tell me, if this is a problem or true, what i heared? I play Pokemon normally in 2x speed so it would be very very bad when the game is even slower than 1x speed.

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ok, sounds good. only for beeing very sure:D did you ever notice any slowdonws ingame (like ingame of pokemon text speed)? Loading time is not really important, only ingame is important for me.

Vulpes-Vulpeos

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
any slowdonws ingame
You won't have any ingame slowdowns, you'll have serious slowdowns while the console is booting, while it goes from ds<->3ds mode.
I have 128Gb from Kingston (Canvas Select Class 10 UHS-I) and it made booting time of N2DSXL 2x longer, same goes for switcing between ds<->3ds mode. Also it broke TWiLightmenu++ files everytime after 1st launch. But 3DS games worked without any problems. In result I switched back to my old 32Gb card and now everything returned to normal - no slowdowns, TWLmenu++ always works.

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I had no Problem with TWiLightmenu++. Tested it now and also no problem with DS games (tested Mario cart).
Console Startup from 64GB card (14s) to 20s (128GB card). Also when I Start Games, it's longer or when i quit and go back to home (tha'ts more anoying, i think). Ingame has no slowdowns with mario cart

So it works for me. Both are Samsung Evo plus cards. Have a New 3DS Xl.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a 256gb card for a while and have never had any loading issues (and I use my 3ds for basically all functions)

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've used lots of different cards and never noticed any differences. I think the 3ds is designed to be able to work with very slow cards.

gbajuser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
With a second New 3DS XL (no CFW) the Startup Time is with an 4GB Card 9 Seoncds. I will load up CWF and Test it with a 128GB Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-