Homebrew Using 3rd party classic controller snes9x

Cricky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I know this is an old topic here. I came across it while googling via this link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-emulator-and-libogc-with-3rd-party-classic-controller.217245/ but i have no idea what i'm doing to get this thing to work.

Basically, i bought a wii recently very cheaply so i could play snes games. I ordered a controller off ebay, some cheap one from China assuming it'd be plug and play but like many in that thread linked above, it works on the Wii but not in the snes emulator.

Can anyone explain to me what i need to do to get this working? Is there a release of snes9x yet that works with 3rd party controllers?

I tried to follow the guide in the first post of that thread but couldn't. Some links were expired and some of the explanations were a bit much for me tbh. I haven't much experience with the Wii/Homebrew.

I'm using version 4.3.2. If any more info is required, do let me know.

Would love to be able to get some old snes games going on this thing! Any help would be very much appreciated!

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ha, I remember my kid bro buying me one that sounded similar to yours for my birthday - fukkin garbage :lol:, mine kinda worked but simply wasn't worth whatever couple of quid he spent!
You could try to use snes9x next on RetroArch, that emulator is faster than gx in the first place (though not as pretty with the GUI) and see if it works on that, but I wouldn't hold much hope up as you'd expect. Best bet really is bite the bullet and go official.... they can be found here in the UK for a tenner (I got one in cex for that price recently). In the meantime there's nowt stopping you from playing the odd one or two on the wiimote itself, sure you're limited with the lack of buttons but there's a few games you can run easily enough ;)

Cricky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, sounds like that's the way to go. Gonna grab one off ebay on payday. Too much hassle trying to get this cheap one working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?