Hacking Used PS3xploit and now upgrading internal drive. How do I go about this?

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Simple questions. I'm on 4.81.2 Rebug after having used PS3xploit and I'm now looking to upgrade my internal hard drive. So here we go...

1.) Does Rebug need reinstalled? When I pop my new drive in will the PS3 prompt me for a firmware? I've seen conflicting answers on this...

2.) If the answer to #1 is yes then do I need to install an OFW (because i exploited using PS3xploit) or can I go straight back to Rebug 4.81.2? Better yet can I go straight to Rebug 4.82.2?

3.) This one is not as important to me but... If I'm on Rebug 4.82.2 at the end of this can I log back into PSN and sync all of my trophies and stuff back up? Do I need to use SEN Enabler or similar homebrews?

Thank you all. I'm hoping that I'm just over thinking the process because I used PS3xploit but better to be safe than sorry.

EDIT: Well it might have helped if I'd checked the forums a little bit more. I found this posted not too long ago https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps3-new-hdd.515865/ and the last post seems to answer all but my last question. So any input on question #3 please?

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.) Does Rebug need reinstalled? When I pop my new drive in will the PS3 prompt me for a firmware? I've seen conflicting answers on this...

NOR based consoles have the OS installed half on the motherboard and half on the harddrive. So you will need to install rebug again.
NAND consoles have the OS installed on the motherboard. You shouldn't have to install rebug gain.

NAND was used only on the early fat consoles

2.) If the answer to #1 is yes then do I need to install an OFW (because i exploited using PS3xploit) or can I go straight back to Rebug 4.81.2? Better yet can I go straight to Rebug 4.82.2?

You should be able to go straight to the latest. I have a vague feeling I had to boot into recovery mode and install from there, just turning it on and following the prompts gave an error.

3.) This one is not as important to me but... If I'm on Rebug 4.82.2 at the end of this can I log back into PSN and sync all of my trophies and stuff back up? Do I need to use SEN Enabler or similar homebrews?

I used PSN Patch the last time I connected to PSN. It keeps you off PSN until everything has been disabled that could get you banned.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question related to PS3Xploit:
Are PSN pkgs or PS3 games also resignable with PS3xploit-resigner?
I read that CFW2OFW needs a game update, but is this different as this uses the resigned act.dat?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1