Hacking Use your own pictures (not taken by DSi camera) on the DSi?

FredWP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I'd like to use my own pictures from my SD card to show up on the upper screen when I'm in the menu.

I tried generating the picture I wanted, matching the same resolution and sRGB color profile as those taken with the camera, but doing so does not make them show up.

Then I thought it might work by just overwriting existing pictures with my own (not replacing files, but opening file and pasting over the existing content). I tried this in Photoshop and Windows Paint and the pictures remain visible, but the DSi reports that it can't show the picture.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They designed the DSi not to support images that aren't from the camera. Maybe after it's hacked this won't be a problem.

Smooth move Nidiots.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
They designed the DSi not to support images that aren't from the camera. Maybe after it's hacked this won't be a problem.

Smooth move Nidiots.

Let's see, do you think they'd rather let people have to deal with on pictures taken by the camera being on the DSi or deal with a shit load of pirates and hackers?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DeltaBurnt said:
ProtoKun7 said:

Smooth move Nidiots.

Let's see, do you think they'd rather let people have to deal with on pictures taken by the camera being on the DSi or deal with a load of pirates and hackers?
Based on how the PSP can be hacked with files in the photo/image/whichever folder, I'm not surprised Nintendo don't want pictures not from the camera to be used, but they just aren't making it easy for us.

FredWP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I now just put up the picture on my PC and take a picture of it as it is on the screen. It seems to work out fine, and gives it a nice effect as well.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldnt we be able to edit Hex values of a PC Picture to match Whats Needed in DSI Pictures?
imma do an experiment when i Get a DSi in a couple Months(hopefull)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?