Hacking Use * wildcard for domain extension in Atmosphere host file

dharamtheprophet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your contributions. Really enjoy reading some of the Q&As in this forum. I have a quick question today. I'm presently using the host file entries from Rentry (towards bottom of the site). However I noticed that the host file used by NH Switch Guide is slightly different - declaring all the domain extensions. In my host file, the wildcard is used for the domain extension as well, resulting in just 5 total entries. Would this achieve the same result and safe to use - or do i need to declare all of the extensions?

My emummc.txt host file:

# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.*
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.*

Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your contributions. Really enjoy reading some of the Q&As in this forum. I have a quick question today. I'm presently using the host file entries from Rentry (towards bottom of the site). However I noticed that the host file used by NH Switch Guide is slightly different - declaring all the domain extensions. In my host file, the wildcard is used for the domain extension as well, resulting in just 5 total entries. Would this achieve the same result and safe to use - or do i need to declare all of the extensions?

My emummc.txt host file:

# Block Nintendo Servers
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.*
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.*
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.*

Thanks!

Answered this over here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10090770

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)