Use powersaves *.bin save files on Gateway 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatboynate, Oct 31, 2014.

1. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    well i had to back up my backed up 3ds saves that i backed up to my pc using powersaves 3ds.

it got me thinking and was wondering if its possible to somehow use the *.bin save from powersaves which are stored here in C:\\Users\Username\Powersaves3DS, with my backed up rom of my pokemon y game.

since every time i complete the game i back up the save after the E4 and then restore one of the saves when i feel like doing some pvp battling i'd like to just keep one of the 100% saves on my gateway backup than on my actual cart.

2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    If the save was created on a 4.x+ 3DS, then you cannot use the save with Gateway (yet).

3. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    you mean anything higher than 4.5? cause im unsure what firmware was installed when the save was backed up, i always kept my old 3ds on the latest firmware at the time so my save i wish to use was backed up on 26/05/2014 or in your format, 05/26/2014

4. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States

Pokemon came out on firmware 6.x. Your old save will not work with your Gateway.

5. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    okay thanks huntereb.

6. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad