Hacking Question Use Local Communication has risk of Ban?

Vinyguitarrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is my question:

1 - I have a Switch, with SysNand and Emunand. And I used PKHex to edit a save in Emunand;

2 - I want to send this Pokemons to a original game, in SysNand (in a second Switch);

3 - I think to use two Switchs in that. One with Emunand and the editing save by PKHex. And the second one with the Original game and SysNand;

4 - I think about not use the online contents for that, but the Local Communication in game;

5 - My point is: withot online communication, there insn't any risk to take a BAN.

Right?

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't do it. Lots of people have been having problems getting banned from Pokemon due to illegitimate pokemon (on unhacked switches!!!). Even if you do it the "Right" way it's still a bad idea. Plus it's not that hard to make competitively viable Pokemon nowadays, just test em out on pokemon showdown before you bother to make them in game.

Vinyguitarrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know with the method to block an illegitimate pokemon is the same now. In 3ds, if the pokemon has any incorrect details, it cannot enter an online game. I believe that if you use PKHex to make it look like the original, it's not a problem for "gamefreeak ban". Because GameFreak has a filter to illegitimate pokemon. They can't know if you edited it or received it for another person. My concern is about Nintendo BAN. If use a communication by wireless (without any internet communication) has some risk. Because, everything I read about Ban is the link between your unblocked Switch and Nintendo Servers. If you use Local Communication, there ins'nt a link with a server. I think not. My problem is that "I think".

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know with the method to block an illegitimate pokemon is the same now. In 3ds, if the pokemon has any incorrect details, it cannot enter an online game. I believe that if you use PKHex to make it look like the original, it's not a problem for "gamefreeak ban". Because GameFreak has a filter to illegitimate pokemon. They can't know if you edited it or received it for another person. My concern is about Nintendo BAN. If use a communication by wireless (without any internet communication) has some risk. Because, everything I read about Ban is the link between your unblocked Switch and Nintendo Servers. If you use Local Communication, there ins'nt a link with a server. I think not. My problem is that "I think".
That's not really the problem. The problem is when you inevitably connect to the internet they're going to have access to your save (even if the game isn't on potentially) that has illegitimate content then they will ban you. Nintendo is A LOT more strict than they used to be and won't hesitate to ban you over anything they can.

Vinyguitarrist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not really the problem. The problem is when you inevitably connect to the internet they're going to have access to your save (even if the game isn't on potentially) that has illegitimate content then they will ban you. Nintendo is A LOT more strict than they used to be and won't hesitate to ban you over anything they can.

The problem is: how they could know if you received an illegal pkmn by a trade or edit it?

It's impossible to have control of that. You can't control the pkmn that you receive.

The only ban clausule that I hearded recently, was that GF want to ban the players that disconnect after lost a battle.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is: how they could know if you received an illegal pkmn by a trade or edit it?

It's impossible to have control of that. You can't control the pkmn that you receive.

The only ban clausule that I hearded recently, was that GF want to ban the players that disconnect after lost a battle.
People have been banned from pokemon due to having being traded hacked in pokemon. These people don't have hacked switches of any kind, but have received bans
They own the game obviously it's possible that there's something you don't know about that could trigger a ban flag even if the pokemon seems just fine. You don't have the source code ergo you can't know

Last edited by Mythical,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...