Hardware Use loader gx not reading use help?

mason_idk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii will not load usb so Would anyone know where I can get a new wii for modding for cheap? Or fix usb loader not reading usb

Last edited by mason_idk,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"not reading use" ? I guess you want to write "USB" ?

if USBLoaderGX cannot read your USB :
1. you plugged it into the wrong USB Port !
2. you are using FLASH instead of HDD ! (NO, don't use flash drives at all with Wii or WiiU. Even Nintendo tells you they are NOT compatible)
3. don't use another Wii, the problem is not the console, it's you. You didn't softmod correctly, you didn't follow proper guide, you didn't setup the homebrew correctly, etc.

you need to provide more information if you want more help.

mason_idk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"not reading use" ? I guess you want to write "USB" ?

if USBLoaderGX cannot read your USB :
1. you plugged it into the wrong USB Port !
2. you are using FLASH instead of HDD ! (NO, don't use flash drives at all with Wii or WiiU. Even Nintendo tells you they are NOT compatible)
3. don't use another Wii, the problem is not the console, it's you. You didn't softmod correctly, you didn't follow proper guide, you didn't setup the homebrew correctly, etc.

you need to provide more information if you want more help.
Thank you I didn't realize it didn't work on flash drives I was just about to buy a new wii so thank you for your help and you should mention your thread in the help comments you make it did help me out a bit

TheAlexCodEHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you know where I could get a hdd relatively cheap? Cause that is the problem
What game are you getting and which website. Are you using a usb or as card. What version of USBLoaderGx do you have

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What game are you getting and which website. Are you using a usb or as card. What version of USBLoaderGx do you have
I used a USB and it worked perfectly for me

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used a USB
you use USB ? yes, of course. like everyone else :D
main-qimg-fb6a54b166c12f4189537447f91f1e03-c

You probably wanted to say that you are using Flash drives (USB Stick, USB keys, Flash stick, etc.) instead of HDD.
Flash are NOT recommended. they have VERY poor compatibility.
please, do not recommend flash over HDD; unless you are willing to help the users fix their problem yourself or you are a homebrew developer capable of fixing Flash compatibility and code a new cIOS revision.

if it works perfectly for you, good for you :)
it doesn't work for many other users. look at all the created threads asking for help, they are all because people use flash drives.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm