Use DS as controller for DS Emulator on PC?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by harrybuttox, Jun 30, 2009.

Jun 30, 2009
  1. harrybuttox
    OP

Member harrybuttox GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would like to play Phantom Hourglass on my TV and I have my PC connected to my TV. Do you guys know of any programs that will allow my to use my DS as a controller? if so does it allow the use of the bottom touch screen?

2. Ulttimaa

Member Ulttimaa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Closest you'll get would be to use DS2Key(GBAtemp downloads->Homebrew for NDS->DS2Key (SVN)) and set the program to use the touch screen as a mouse. The only way I can think of to emulate the touch screen would be if you used a program like No$Zoomer with No$GBA and somehow do fullscreen with your bottom screen(Not sure if it's possible.)

That's all I can think off.

3. Wfs2251234567891

Newcomer Wfs2251234567891 Member

United States
    Its possible if somone can create a connecter for the ds like the ps3 controller.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Completely unnecessary. We can already use the DS as a controller through DSjoy and other programs. We just need one that uses the touchpad in such a way that it could easily work with emulators. It'd probably have to be a modification made to the emulator as well as the software running on the DS.

5. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    It shouldn't be necessary to modify emulator code. It might make things easier, but it wouldn't be the only way to do it. Server-side applications (that's the one on the PC, for those wondering) could have a "frame" system, for example. Place the frame over the lower screen on the emulator and mouse input will be confined to the frame instead of the whole screen. I'm sure there's other (better) ways to deal with it, but that's my first thought.

6. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    yeah use DSjoy it works great!!

7. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I didn't want to bump this thread but, I can't seem to find this "DSjoy".
    Filetrip gives 0 results, google gives some japenese stuff.