• Views 968
  • Replies 6
P

pasc

OP
Lil weird problem here:

USB Loader GX and the wbfs formatted stick in the back usually work fine, but

If I leave the Wii USB Stick (1) in while booting USBGx in vWii mode:
USBGX fails to recognise the (properly formatted wbfs, ustealthe'd) WBFS-USB without reason.

=> WiiU Formatted stick (2) removed again: Ét voila, USB GX reads all WBFS Titles like a champ.

Sure, one could get a usb switch and switch it off "manually" each time, but it kind of defeats the purpose of neat things, suchas
"USB GX WiiU Forwarder Channel".

Addendum: Obviously, I can't just select "Partion -> wbfs" for as long as the WiiU Stick is in...

Attachments

• WiiUUsbProb.png
    WiiUUsbProb.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You coud try ustealth although that usually only keeps the Wii U from trying to format the vWii drive. Not sure if it'd help on the vWii side but it's the only idea I know of.

P

pasc

OP
Well, the WBFS stick already /is/ ustealthed. The WiiU side is fine.
The vWii side however acts up... (funny thing is: I can just pop the wbfs stick in the front right usb port and it'll show the contents, but fail to load any)

Ustealthing the WiiU stick... Most likely that'd stop the WiiU itself seeing its own drive aswell I suppose.
(As all programs that can work with ustealth are specially written for it)

Hasn't this been discovered before ? (The WiiU is 2 years old business now after all...)

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I started doing injects personally where all games are on the Wii U drive. Then everything is on the Wii U menu and on one hard drive and some games can use gamepad instead of motion controls.

P

pasc

OP
I for one wouldn't mind throwing them wbfs files onto my sd card...
But I'm not sure if USBGX will ever recognize them (NTFS and all other options so far have failed me...)

EDIT: Those injects.... I tried one from the NUS... and it beautifully crashed one me.
Aside from this: Where are the savegames stored ? I have some Wii gamesaves and would like to keep em.

Last edited by ,
P

pasc

OP
Well.. I'll def need a bigger drive one day.
Thanks for the link.

As for the SD USB GX question:

Alright, I figured out how to load Wii games off of the SD(HC) card instead of USB. Here's how for any future readers with the same problem:

USB Loader GX does not support loading Wii games from SD at all. Had to switch to Configurable USB Loader which works just as well (using Mod r65).

Launching Wii games though kept giving me an ID Mismatch / SetWBFS error and I followed this guide to fix it.

Now I can play Wii games off my large SD card because I am to cheap to buy an external HDD :D
https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/3nbbc1/load_backups_off_sd_card_with_usb_loader_gx/

EDIT:
Configurable USB Loader laughs at the second USB Stick and just works.

Bye Bye GX...

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr