Homebrew [USBLoaderGX] Can not load games - White screen

PamiPumiKyun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my sd works for nintendont, and homebrew, but not for usbloader gx, it did the same thing in the menu.

I don't have another USB. Just bought this one.

Now I'm more interested in knowing why it does nothing xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, WiiFlow tries to load the ISO but throws to the vWii menu.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another USB. Just bought this one.

Now I'm more interested in knowing why it does nothing xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, WiiFlow tries to load the ISO but throws to the vWii menu.
what format is your usb? fat32?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the second screenshot is when there's no game to list.
the first "full" white screen is when the loader is still loading, or froze doing it.

it can happen if you have too many games (3000 games on your USB, some people just love having more than enough games and list them all at the same time, and wonder why it takes forever to load).

What folder do you have on your USB root ?
wbfs/
games/
nand/

how many games in each
are they all compatible games? (like, if you put WiiU games in /games/ instead of gamecube games, the loader will not understand the format)

Could you please show what's inside your wbfs folder? to see your path layout.

How did you put the games on your drive ? manually copying them with the file explorer, or using a game manager ? (preferably, Wii Backup Manager)
Did you verify all your games are good with Wii Backup Manager's "sha1" option ?

Last edited by Cyan,

PamiPumiKyun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but other homebrew, like nintendont and such work, or no?
the second screenshot is when there's no game to list.
the first "full" white screen is when the loader is still loading, or froze doing it.

it can happen if you have too many games (3000 games on your USB, some people just love having more than enough games and list them all at the same time, and wonder why it takes forever to load).

What folder do you have on your USB root ?
wbfs/
games/
nand/

how many games in each
are they all compatible games? (like, if you put WiiU games in /games/ instead of gamecube games, the loader will not understand the format)

Could you please show what's inside your wbfs folder? to see your path layout.

How did you put the games on your drive ? manually copying them with the file explorer, or using a game manager ? (preferably, Wii Backup Manager)
Did you verify all your games are good with Wii Backup Manager's "sha1" option ?

FIXED: Formatting the USB as WBFS allows me to run the files.

Thanks for helping :)

Root has:
-wbfs
--disc.info
--gamefolder
---game.wbfs
-config
--configfile.cfg

Reactions: wicksand420

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
formatting as WBFS is not the best solution, as you can't use the partition free space for anything else (gamecube, emulators, etc.)
But, you can use WBFS partition format, even if deprecated and old, as long as you use wiiBackupManager or Wwt to manage it.
do not use WBFSManager, or you will get corrupted games.

Root has:
-wbfs
--disc.info
--gamefolder
---game.wbfs
-config
--configfile.cfg
you mean "had" ?
if you are now in WBFS, there's no file and folder system.

You didn't provide me with any useful things here, I hoped to see which path layout you used, like for example one of these :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5455832
and I thought you had a "games" folder too, which you didn't specify there. I suspected the issue could be an incompatible game, corrupted file, or just not a game located in these folders, making the loader try to load it.
If it was the case, the loader could have been fixed to skip incompatible files (even though it should already do that, maybe not correctly), and I would have preferred to find the problem instead of formatting it right away without doing more tests.

well, it works now :)
enjoy your games.

Last edited by Cyan,

PamiPumiKyun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
formatting as WBFS is not the best solution, as you can't use the partition free space for anything else (gamecube, emulators, etc.)
But, you can use WBFS partition format, even if deprecated and old, as long as you use wiiBackupManager or Wwt to manage it.
do not use WBFSManager, or you will get corrupted games.

you mean "had" ?
if you are now in WBFS, there's no file and folder system.

You didn't provide me with any useful things here, I hoped to see which path layout you used, like for example one of these :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5455832
and I thought you had a "games" folder too, which you didn't specify there. I suspected the issue could be an incompatible game, corrupted file, or just not a game located in these folders, making the loader try to load it.
If it was the case, the loader could have been fixed to skip incompatible files (even though it should already do that, maybe not correctly), and I would have preferred to find the problem instead of formatting it right away without doing more tests.

well, it works now :)
enjoy your games.

Yes had xD
usb:/wbfs/TITLE [GAMEID6]/GAMEID6.wbfs

No games folder. Just root/wbfs/ and root/config

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so your folder was fine.
I really don't know why you had that problem.
Maybe it was just a HDD issue, and formatting it fixed the problem.

Like I said, you can use WBFS partition format now, but I would still recommend using FAT32 to use the drive for other homebrew or loader (nintendont).
You can convert your WBFS to FAT32 without formating or losing your games. if you want to convert, follow the guide "wbfs2fat" in my signature.

davu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so your folder was fine.
I really don't know why you had that problem.
Maybe it was just a HDD issue, and formatting it fixed the problem.

Like I said, you can use WBFS partition format now, but I would still recommend using FAT32 to use the drive for other homebrew or loader (nintendont).
You can convert your WBFS to FAT32 without formating or losing your games. if you want to convert, follow the guide "wbfs2fat" in my signature.

Hi! I have the same problem as this guy but I honestly don't know how to fix it. I'm trying to run Xenoblade Chronicles and I've tried downloading from 3 different sources. Including a redump.
I've added the game through WBM to the WBFS folder and everything is fine. The file is split into wbf1 and wbfs but that shouldn't be an issue right? At first, I thought it was the USB, so I bought a 2.0 one that was on
the compatible list. And without the xenoblade game, the usb can read it and load into the menu. But whenever I add the xenoblade, the menu goes straight to the white screen and freezes... I can only force shut down at that point.
It is very frustrating... I know this is an old post but I see no fix... I've even tried formatting my usb to wbfs but my computer doesn't let me transfer files to the flashdrive because it can't read it apparently. Plus, I thought FAT32 was fine.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you format to WBFS format, then use Wii Backup Manager to put games on it.

FAT32 is fine.
if you bought a flash drive instead of a HDD, that's maybe your problem. Flash drives are not very good for wii games.

try formatting to NTFS instead, and use the full ISO :
/wbfs/xenoblade [TitleID]/TitleID.iso <-- iso instead of wbfs

Reactions: wicksand420

davu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you format to WBFS format, then use Wii Backup Manager to put games on it.

FAT32 is fine.
if you bought a flash drive instead of a HDD, that's maybe your problem. Flash drives are not very good for wii games.

try formatting to NTFS instead, and use the full ISO :
/wbfs/xenoblade [TitleID]/TitleID.iso <-- iso instead of wbfs

but will that affect the current wbfs games i have? because those work fine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1