Hacking USBLoader with Game Images

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tripellex said:
...Just makes me wonder how long it will take before one of the big brains out there snags a Starlight and reverse engineers the firmware. I'm making predictions now...within a month we'll see a hacked Starlight interface ported to the older Wiis, much the same way other big brains figured out how to port the newer iPod interfaces for the Classics line to other, older iPod gens.

**throws in $5 to the pot**

Anyone else care to wager? 1 month, if that.

**throws $50,000 into the pot** - A Starlight hack is FAR away! My bet says 6 months minimum, before we see this happen! ...maybe a bunch of imitations, but a Starlight hack would be a difficult task.

lecture.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey Kosaic

missing cover for mario power tennis usa version.
Its not in the latest 400 pack and i dont think six flags fun park usa version either.

RMAE01 for mario tennis
R6FERS for six flags fun park

rudedoggx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JussiPik said:
Bladexdsl said:
rudedoggx said:
Is there a working channel or forwarder for the version with ocarina? I always get a code dump with the forwarders, and the channel just brings me to the HBC.

i got the same damn problem. it works in the hbc except the background doesn't show.

hi bladex, here`s working wad.

shizzas mod - working forwarder

Doesn't work. Pretty funny how the MU description is "it works, it really works." I got an error ret-1, and all of my other wads install just fine. Enough BS, please.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone post a forwarder that works good with 56killer dol? i have the one from kedest (was working fine with nixxloader showing all art from folder /apps/usbloader/images). now after switching dol to 56killer, i dont see the images. i tried in /images and /apps/usbloader/images. no dice. maybe i need a diff forwarder with the 56killer dol?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
can someone post a forwarder that works good with 56killer dol? i have the one from kedest (was working fine with nixxloader showing all art from folder /apps/usbloader/images). now after switching dol to 56killer, i dont see the images. i tried in /images and /apps/usbloader/images. no dice. maybe i need a diff forwarder with the 56killer dol?
move them to the SD root \images

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
deshwasi said:

i already did try from both SD root (/images) and from /apps/usbloader/images. now i will try covers.. so this has nothing to do with forwarder?

i think it has to be /images folder in root of SD. it loads the background fine but does not load any images for the games. i think someoen else had that same problem. wonder how they fixed it..

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to everyone and great job on the work.
I am fairly new to the Wii thing and also a very fast learner coming from the pspbrew scene.

There are so may versions in here it's hard to get an all in one. So I have uploaded one.

Includes:
1. USB Loader v1.1 - by nixx
2. Wad file: forwarder for the channel people - Install via HB channel and wad manager
3. A new background for the loader by me as the text was not the great on the one i had, looks great on my TV with no cutting or borders and has a nice lighting effect border.
4. noimage.png and blank.png - You will need these or your images wont work in the loader!

bg.jpg

To Install:
1. Unrar the file to your SD card
2. Install the wad file via wad manager if you require the channel
3. Place all your game box images in the images folder in the root of your SD card ie root\images and not root\apps\usbloader\images
4. Your ready to go.

I DL the 800 PAL and NTSC images which was posted a couple of posts back.

Hope this helps anyone, also I am not responsible if ya brick your Wii.
Also backup your card before installling just incase.

Jay:)

Download here

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If they used my source it´s possible that they have a stupid little bug
the array (imgPath[20]) is most likely to short and that´s why some people see the pictures or only the bg.png because the bg.png still fit´s in the array but the images not.
Change it to imgPath[200] or so then it works
wink.gif

Sorry haven´t seen it before.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
bula said:
deshwasi said:

i already did try from both SD root (/images) and from /apps/usbloader/images. now i will try covers.. so this has nothing to do with forwarder?

I am using his dol and images folder in on my sd card.
I habe for request:

56killer, can you incorporate wiipower's force NTSC from his toy8. His dol loads plays PAL games on a NTSC withoiut anyproblem as Force NTSC used by most coder do not load game or get a black and withe screen.

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
deshwasi said:
bula said:
deshwasi said:

i think it has to be /images folder in root of SD. it loads the background fine but does not load any images for the games. i think someoen else had that same problem. wonder how they fixed it..

Try using this dol for the forwader channel. Its the one I'm using and it works with my mod of nixx,Credits to him, and loads the images just fine.
http://sharebee.com/c94e2263

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Thanks for fixing the SD bug 56killer, I guess it had to do with Excite Truck being one of the only games that use the SD card (to load mp3)...

To confirm that it's not an isolated problem I have the same issue here, it was working fine then after upgrading to 56killer's version if I use /images I get the background but no covers, if I use /apps/usbloader/images I get no images at all.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
56killer said:
deshwasi said:
bula said:
deshwasi said:

Try using this dol for the forwader channel. Its the one I'm using and it works with my mod of nixx,Credits to him, and loads the images just fine.
http://sharebee.com/c94e2263

confused. is this the dol to replace in the apps/usbloader or is this to inject in forwarder channel? i dont know how to make the forwarder channel. i am using the kedest one. can you just post both your forwarder channel wad AND your usbloader boot.dol? and confirm where the images folder needs to be?

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
I figure it out. To fix the missing covers from 56killer's version there has to be a blank.png in the images folder, if thats not there all covers will not work. images folder is in the root of the SD.

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
genius omarroms. that did it. i just copied noimage.png to blank.png and its working good now. thanks a lot 56killer.

edit: noticed another strange thing. my first game in list, Animal crossing, is not showing up on the text list although its there and i can see the cover for it. just that its not visible on the text list even when i cycle thru all the games.

usptactical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Looks like 56killer's mod includes my original image loader code when I was using the blank.png. That section can be removed from the code since all the images are the same size.

@56killer: Thanks for incorporating the SD fix! I updated the 1st post with your link.

deshwasi said:
genius omarroms. that did it. i just copied noimage.png to blank.png and its working good now. thanks a lot 56killer.
Did you overwrite the noimage.png? You still need that in case it can't find a game image.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack