Hacking USBLoader-GX EmuNand Issues :/

Mikeybee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to say THIS IS THE BEST FORUM ON EARTH! I Have used this site a thousand times to help with various issues, always succesfull! First time posting, i've just been a creeper XD

I'm having a wierd issue.

I currently use WiiFlow as my main launcher, but want to switch to USBLoader GX.

The only thing stopping me, is USBL will NOT show my EmuNand titles at all (except for the generic Weather., Mii, News, etc)

Wiiflow displays everything fine, and i launch both Wii backups and VC/Wiiware with it. I just can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get them to show in USBL!

USBL is showing my wii backups, and i can launch them. I have my EmuNand custom paths set correctly, but it just won't work, i;ve switched a hundred settings, and then back again.

Using the 3.0 IOS 249 All in One package

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It displays EmuNAND channels? (the weather, Mii, news etc.)
You are sure it's not the RealNAND channels? because it's strange that only the system channels are displayed.

There are few possibilities to hide a title based on GameId or genre or source.

Verify that you enabled EmuNAND in the 4th icon in the top menu.

then maybe the Category listing.
it's the Desk shape icon in the top menu.
The first option "All" should be checked (a V check, not a Cross check)
Though, if you disabled "all" and enabled "system channels", you wouldn't see any wii games, so it's probably not that.

Another possibility could be the Favorite mode (the first one, in star shape).
disable the star.

The other possibility involves more user input (setting parental controls, locking the loader etc.), so I don't think it's the case if you just switched to USBGX.

that's tricky if it really show only some channels..

edit:
ah, and also try with latest version (update from the settings>update menu)
3.0 (1180) is a little old

Mikeybee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your reply Cyan (I actually hoped it would be you! LMFAO)
Let me try to answer your questions in order :

I am sure it's not the RealNAND channels, i have the RealNand option (as well as the others) unchecked.

I have those useless titles installed on my EmuNAND as well (i don't know why lol). It also shows Wiiflow and PostLoader (I am using the version of the NAND created with ModMii, and injected my VC/Wiiware WADS with ShowMiiWads)

It's not the favorites, and it's definately not due to user input. I had updated to the latest version before i posted the original thread, so i don't think that's the problem, either! I had this problem before, If i remember correctly, and just said fug it and stuck with wiiflow. "But MMEEEEEEEEEEEHHHMMM, USBLOADER GX IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER"

I'm thinking we are gonna have to dive in pretty deep on this one

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two different EmuNAND path in the settings, both are pointing to the same folder? (it's fine if they do, it's a user choice to use the same or separate them).
EmuNAND Save is used for Wii games (to save on SD or USB instead of internal NAND)
EmuNAND Channel is the one used for launching channels.

Try to set both to a new path (example /nand/nand2/) and use the internal NAND dumper to create a new NAND copy there.
(Settings > Feature > Dump NAND)
see if it correctly works with this EmuNAND copy.

on your computer, check what's different between that new one and the one not working. (missing folder or files?)

Mikeybee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, i will try doing that stuff sometime throughout the night. I kind of gathered that it MAY have something to do with my NAND bieng from Modmii instead doing right from the Wii itself, but that just seemed.... silly ;)

Mikeybee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the loooong delay lol.

Ok, so what i did was Dump my nand into a new directory from within LoaderGX. It would not dump.
I tried to update , no option would allow me to complete the update, and it would fail everytime :(.
I got pissed and played some New Super Mario Bros Wii with my wife for a couple hours (so much happy)

Next day, i tried to update again. Recurring feelings of hopelesness started to overwhelm me. It didn't want to update.
I tried to play some FIFA 13, and it would freeze. Black Screen. Restart. Try again. Same @)$^!!!!!!
Tried a bunch of other Wii titles, not 1 would work except NSMBWii... :/

Took my harddrive, deleted everything except WBFS folder. Redownloaded 3.0 All in one, Installed to HD. Loaded it up through HBC (It will not autoboot now through Priloader :/) and updated. SUCCESS!

Added my Wii games covers. Success! Dumped my Nand. Success! Tried more Wii games, and after fiddling with the Force Video to NTSC option for a few PAL games again, SUCCESS!

I'm currently working on getting my WADS back into the NAND, but i foresee no problems with it this time through. In USBLGX, i can now see my EMUNand channels (Which were just duped through the program itself, so.... :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad you fixed your issue.
Though, I'm curious now to understand why you had this issue and reinstalling/reseting the configs fixed it.
I'll probably never know ;)

If you want to autoboot from priiloader, don't install the loader directly in priiloader's menu. (you will miss things, such as AHB access, which may be why you had issue).
instead, install the forwarder's wad (UNEO) and install the forwarder's dol (in the /wad/ folder of the all-in-one package) into priiloader.

Mikeybee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hahaha i was just thinking the same thing about the AHBProt thing, i'd just have to copy the wad over from my pc again .

I'm actually curious as to what the problem even WAS. I mean, i just redid everything from scratch, and it worked... maybe a bad sector on my HDD? (I do move it around quite a bit)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.