Hacking usbloader gx bootmii original wii

bananaboy319

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so I hacked my wii with bootmii and I have hbl installed so I tried using usb loader gx and it works and sees my usb but doesn t load the wads I put at the root of my usb. so I found a youtube tuto but it says to install dx2 cios installer but I installed bootmii as boot2 and ios should I install dx2 also?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so I hacked my wii with bootmii and I have hbl installed so I tried using usb loader gx and it works and sees my usb but doesn t load the wads I put at the root of my usb. so I found a youtube tuto but it says to install dx2 cios installer but I installed bootmii as boot2 and ios should I install dx2 also?

Hello.:)

If I understand you correct,you want to START/INSTALL a WAD File directly from USBLoaderGX ?
I am sorry,but that is not possible on that way.:(

WAD Files should be installed on your Wii using an WAD Manager like WiiMod Lite or Multi Mod Manager.
I do not know a way to run it directly.:)

WAD Files can be for example cIOSes (custom IOS) or VC games /Virtual Console Games) or Channel Forwarders.

BEFORE you do such things,please assure yourself,you have PRIILOADER installed on your Wii.This is very highly recommended.
It is a little Brick protection and "LIFE" Saver for you and your Wii in Case something goes wrong on installing or you get an "corrupt" or bad WAD File.

Good Luck.

Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

bananaboy319

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
torrents

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

although I have dolphin on my laptop and it can compres games don t know the format

DrPickles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you rip your original games with a loader on the Wii and transfer them to your drive/card directly then you shouldn't have any issues running them.
Take the time to do it properly, don't rush.

Last edited by DrPickles,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what format should the games be in (fat32 usb) I can t put wii iso s
Wii Backup Manager will convert them to the right format and put them in the right folder structure for USB loaders. You need to install d2x cIOS (v10 beta52, or v8 final, with base 56 in slot 249 and base 57 in slot 250) as USB loaders need it.
WAD files are mostly indie games and Virtual Console from the Wii Shop, but can also be used for homebrew and forwarders. Those have to be installed with a WAD manager.

bananaboy319

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
aparently not I put a few games ina wbfs format on my fat 32 at the root but nothing showed up in usb loader gx am I missing something?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
aparently not I put a few games ina wbfs format on my fat 32 at the root but nothing showed up in usb loader gx am I missing something?

Did you use the WiiBackupManager to get the Wii Games on your USB Device ?:unsure:
Working formats for Wii Games are ISO and WBFS.

The Answer Number #4 in your Thread here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usbloader-gx-bootmii-original-wii.547200/#post-8774723

I think maybe that is the answer to your question.:)

bananaboy319

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I m on mac with wine and I tried dk contry reterns with wiibackup manager and skyward sword with isotowbfs
although I should point out I chiped my wii a few years before softmodding it. don t know if it changes anything.
but usb loader gx sees the hdd but doesn t show the games.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I m on mac with wine and I tried dk contry reterns with wiibackup manager and skyward sword with isotowbfs
although I should point out I chiped my wii a few years before softmodding it. don t know if it changes anything.
but usb loader gx sees the hdd but doesn t show the games.
Hello.:)

That s nice that you tell us your Wii "setup" now.
Maybe it is yet a little bit easier to help you.:)

USBLoaderGX has as Path for game usb1:\ and expects a Folder "wbfs" on it.
It does not matter if your USB Device is formatted FAT32 (recommended)/WBFS/NTFS.

In it there has to be a structure:

Game Name [ID] ----> like Deca Sports [RDXE18]

For converting/managing your Wi ISO´s and get the Games on your USB Device you can use:

Windows based PCs you can use the WiiBackupManager
MAC PCs you can use Witgui
https://desairem.com/wordpress/witgui/

And finally please check in USBLoaderGX of Gamecube and Wii Games visibility:

P1320419.JPG P1320420.JPG

bananaboy319

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I see the game but when I play them thescreen goes black and returnes to hbl
is it because they are corrupted or because I have other files in wbfs in the wbfs folder (didn t bother trying with all of them)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I see the game but when I play them thescreen goes black and returnes to hbl
is it because they are corrupted or because I have other files in wbfs in the wbfs folder (didn t bother trying with all of them)

Now we are at the inevitable point for the sysCheck please.:)
Can you please post it for us ?
It is necessary to see and check if your cIOSes are correct and installed.And to see if you have maybe other "troubles" with your softmodded Wii.
Do you know how to create a sysCheck ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night