Homebrew WIP USB TO SD File Copier...For SX OS

marveldragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a very simple and crude USB to SD card file copier. It is NOT fancy or anything.

USAGE:
You can ONLY copy files located in usbhdd:/sxos/ no other folders are currently supported. It's the only one I use.
The files are copied to sdmc:/sxos/ no other folders. This is the one I use and put my files.

Press A to cycle through your files.
Press X to start copying your file.

You cannot delete files with this app. I use ftp to delete stuff.

Press X to "select" or "copy" a file.
Press Y to "paste" file.

Press - (minus) to delete file.

Do not turn off the switch or press the home button during a copy as it might corrupt your SD card.
I have not had issues with it doing anything with USBs so far.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! I do not take any responsibility for any mishaps. It played with it for a few days and it does not seem to be issues if used properly.

If you like this toss me a few bucks: https://paypal.me/marveldragon

UPDATE:

Added Option to delete files. Only for ones in your sdmc:/sxos folder. No subfolders.
Added ability to copy files from "usbhdd:/sxos/games", "usbhdd:/sxos/xci", "usbhdd:/sxos", "usbhdd:/switch/games", "usbhdd:/switch/xci" and "usbhdd:/switch".
The copies will go to sdmc:/sxos/.

While adding these things is "easy", they are time consuming and not as entertaining as playing games. I guess what I am trying to say is do not expect a bunch of updates since it pretty much does what I want out of it.

UPDATE:
Updated the text to use free type fonts to display text which is cleaner and clearer.

UPDATE:
Complete redo of the interface. Navigate through folders. Select file. Find a spot and paste it to make a copy.
Note: probably only have one or two more updates in me as it doesn't seem much people care for this and it does not look as good as NX-Shell as it might get USB support soon.

2018111218554000-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018111218554600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018111218562600-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg 2018111218352900-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.png

Attachments

• USBTOSDV2.zip
    285.4 KB · Views: 397
  • USBTOSDV3.zip
    708.1 KB · Views: 458
  • USBTOSDV4.zip
    709.1 KB · Views: 1,891
Last edited by marveldragon,

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp file from USB to sdcard then install ! Then delete

Or u do less steps and do
Games nsp on USB then use New tinfiol to install to sdcard .

It was pretty neat you still made this :)

Last edited by WiiuGold,
Reactions: peteruk and jakkal

marveldragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp file from USB to sdcard then install ! Then delete

Or u do less steps and do
Games nsp on USB then use New tinfiol to install to sdcard .

It was pretty neat you still made this :)

Nsp’s were not the main concern since you could install from usb. It’s more for xci users how want to take a game on the go when their main library is on a usb.

Reactions: tbb043

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sounds great... download link says "The requested attachment could not be found."

Also, are you able to provide the source?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when i go to my sxos menu my switch crashes immediately after i copied a game over. I cant reboot until i remove the xci off my sd card. It really strange. I tested it with all my xci's same results.

It's a known bug. Launch any homebrew with libusbfs from sxos menu will cause a crash. R+Album to open homebrew menu to run homebrew properly.

Last edited by thaikhoa,

marveldragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known bug. Launch any homebrew with libusbfs from sxos menu will cause a crash. R+Album to open homebrew menu to run homebrew properly.

I am not aware of this. Could you point me towards any reference of this? By that logic running my app or the sx os menu would cause a crash.

when i go to my sxos menu my switch crashes immediately after i copied a game over. I cant reboot until i remove the xci off my sd card. It really strange. I tested it with all my xci's same results.

Make sure you SD card is healthy. You should not crash due to a bad xci file. Normally a bad xci file would display as a white tile in the sx os menu.

Last edited by marveldragon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...