Hacking USB Port swapping for Wii & GC games

MetalGamer25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been talked about or brought up before but

recently I hacked my Wii (without any problems and everything went smoothly) and I have USB Loader GX on it as well as Nintendont and Wii Flow but when I use USB Loader GX to play GC games they don't show up (i have everything set up correctly and GC ticked) so I just end up using Nintendont directly and the games work perfectly (hard drive is plugged into USB port 1) and when i wanna play Wii games on USB Loader GX my hard drive has to be plugged into USB port 0 and it's the same with Wii Flow. Long story short I basically have to switch my hard drive from one port to the other to play Wii and GC games and I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if they have to do the same thing? it's not much of a big issue it would just be nice to load Wii and GC games on ONLY 1 port and not have to swap from port to port if anyone knows a fix for this please let me know it would be appreciated. Also GC games ONLY work/run in usb port 1 because when my hard drive is in usb port 0 they don't run at all it's the same with Wii games they won't run while my hard drive is in usb port 1.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow a really old guide?
USB Loader GX supports hard drives on both ports so that shouldn't be an issue, but you could try using 2 partitions in a hard drive, the first one fat32 with 32KB clusters for your GC games, and the second one can be fat32 or ntfs for your Wii games, see if they both show up this way.

Last edited by Edgarska,

MetalGamer25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you follow a really old guide?
USB Loader GX supports hard drives on both ports so that shouldn't be an issue, but you could try using 2 partitions in a hard drive, the first one fat32 with 32KB for your GC games, and the second one can be fat32 or ntfs for your Wii games, see if they both show up this way.

i followed video tutorials by Tech James and also looked at some threads on here and i never thought about that
because i don't know how to make partitions on 1 hard drive so i just put everything directly onto the drive which is formatted to Fat32 but i could always try it and see what happens i just don't wanna mess anything up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2