Hardware USB port mod

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in theory I could attempt to apply those patches outside vshell and in a taiHEN plugin?
I don't think you understand but all VitaShell does is launch the stub plugin. If you put that stub plugin into config.txt it would work. That's all plain and simple. Right now the work is getting the vita to detect the USB without requiring a unplug and replug.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you understand but all VitaShell does is launch the stub plugin. If you put that stub plugin into config.txt it would work. That's all plain and simple. Right now the work is getting the vita to detect the USB without requiring a unplug and replug.
Oh alright I get it now , thanks.

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I did a couple of tests and found a few problems what he has so far.

-I bought two more card readers, but only one is mounted as uma0, but working with it is not possible when I try to copy the file displays an error.
-A functioning sd card reader will mounted from 90% as uma0, but will be mounted as ux0 so so much less.
-I tested the two Fez and Persona 4 games, everything looks good, but when I wake up from the sleep mode, the usb stops working and the vita has to turn off and the usb must disconnect

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you do a couple of power tests for me?

First, make sure you have https://github.com/joel16/VITAident installed. Then do each of the following sections and record your data.

Control
Make sure the battery is charged to 100%. Quit all apps and be at the bubbles screen. Take a rubber-band and put it around both thumbsticks so it is constantly sending input to the Vita and prevent it from entering sleep state. Set a timer for 2 hours, once the timer goes off, open VitaIdent and record the battery information (percent remaining, capacity, capacity remaining, etc).

Now charge the battery to 100% again. Quit all apps and press the power button once to enter sleep mode. Set a timer for 2 hours and record the percentage remaining.

Finally, charge the battery to 100% again. This time turn the power off (hold the power button and choose power off). Set a timer for 2 hours and record the percentage remaining.

USB Drive
Making sure you charge the Vita to 100%, do the same steps but this time with a USB drive (not SD card reader) inserted and mounted with VitaShell.

SD Card Reader
Making sure you charge the Vita to 100%, do the same steps but with a USB SD/microSD card reader with a card inserted and mounted with VitaShell.

===

At the end you should have 9 results (3 for each section). Please post them here once you get it. If possible, do the whole thing multiple times so the data is more reliable.

Right now I'm getting significant power usage from my adapter and I'm not sure if the problem is specific to my chip or it's a problem with the Vita (my hypothesis).

Thanks.

Last edited by yifan_lu,

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i made first test. first picture is only vita card inserted without any usb device connected, second is usb card reader mounted as ux0,

2015-01-03-135429.jpg2015-01-03-180758.jpg

Last edited by FX3200,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So... Before I do dumb stuff. If I remember correctly the Wifi Version also has those pins just not with a PCIe connector soldered to it. Anyone know if this would theoretically be possible on a Wifi Vita and can you please make a better picture of the Fixed version. I can't really see which Pins you soldered to. Thanks a lot :)

Both motherboards are the same as far as I could check in the one's I have. Same product codes and all that. But sadly that can't let me assure they're exactly the same.
The WiFi one has the same pads on the board as the 3G version, just unpopulated with components needed for the modem (usb modem maybe?), and the antenna connectors and some other components.

I'd like to ask if the firmware configures itself if it recognizes a WiFi/3G version board and if a modem is added to a WiFi version it would be recognized and configured as a 3G version, so I can "convert" a WiFi version to a 3G version. Or at least make the firmware "think" so, is that possible?
I'm asking this because I think that a WiFi version would have disabled 3G capabilities by the firmware, and doing this mod on a WiFi version would have no result to get the usb working. I'm wrong?

ErnieBall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you do a couple of power tests for me? ...

Hi yifan

I just swaped my wifi board to a 3g board, so i could do the screenon, sleep and off tests. It would be without any pci card installed, though. Would that be of any value?

I cannot provide usb drive or sd card reader results.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi yifan

I just swaped my wifi board to a 3g board, so i could do the screenon, sleep and off tests. It would be without any pci card installed, though. Would that be of any value?

I cannot provide usb drive or sd card reader results.
Not really; I need different USB devices to compare to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi