Hardware USB port mod

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello,
because i dont want to soldering to vita board i create simple pins out board for USB, if come to work in future i build in sd card reader to vita SIM slot. in last photo is yifan_lu usb_detect.vpk i dont no if is right result :)

View attachment 88845 View attachment 88846 View attachment 88847 View attachment 88848
That looks really nice if I be honest, did you make the PCB yourself?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi,
could this work with a wifi only vita? soldering direct to the pads where the connector is on the 3g model or are there some other components missing?

Yeah in theory but other TINY missing components , as I keep saying compare an image of a 3G and non 3G board closely and play spot the difference

FX3200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
yeah i made it, it base on yifan_lu board, but create my own paths then print on laser printer on glossy paper and then transfer to blank copper clad circuit board with iron and etched in ferric chloride thats all magic :) i think if you have these 5 things its very easy.

this i print

Attachments

• board_mirror.png
    board_mirror.png
    25 KB · Views: 497

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i made it, it base on yifan_lu board, but create my own paths then print on laser printer on glossy paper and then transfer to blank copper clad circuit board with iron and etched in ferric chloride thats all magic :) i think if you have these 5 things its very easy.

this i print
Yeah I know the process of PCB etching , I was gonna ask if you'd be interested in making me a specific PCB board, of course you'll get paid for it.

damian12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah in theory but other TINY missing components , as I keep saying compare an image of a 3G and non 3G board closely and play spot the difference

I can't believe nobody tried that already the pads are not so small, I might try it in summer when it's too hot. or we have some new info

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... Before I do dumb stuff. If I remember correctly the Wifi Version also has those pins just not with a PCIe connector soldered to it. Anyone know if this would theoretically be possible on a Wifi Vita and can you please make a better picture of the Fixed version. I can't really see which Pins you soldered to. Thanks a lot :)
There's only a few things you need to do. First bridge the VDD pin. The 3G vita has a 0ohm bridge. You can just use solder. Next under the shield to the right, there are the two USB differential signals, they both go to an unfilled pad. The 3G vita has a pair of ferrite beads but I think you can just bridge the two signals (separately, two bridges) with solder. The big question though is if sw will see it. You should use my usb_detect to find out.

Also, OP, I read that for VitaShell USB mounting to work, you have to enable uma0: and THEN plug in the USB. Can you try it that way?

Darthsternie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.darthsternie.net
XP
Country
Germany
There's only a few things you need to do. First bridge the VDD pin. The 3G vita has a 0ohm bridge. You can just use solder. Next under the shield to the right, there are the two USB differential signals, they both go to an unfilled pad. The 3G vita has a pair of ferrite beads but I think you can just bridge the two signals (separately, two bridges) with solder. The big question though is if sw will see it. You should use my usb_detect to find out.
Okay Gonna take a look at this then. Is there a picture or something which could help me find the correct pins that I need to solder to and bridge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.