The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there!

I'm having some problems with my Wii. Yesterday I installed IOS 249, 222 and 223, and later USB Loader CFG. I managed to see my HDD to work with the loader. Then I've put a game on the HDD (Super Mario Galaxy 2) and loaded it just fine. Just after I loaded, I turned the Wii off, since I had to have lunch.

After lunch, when I tried to load the game again, my device would not be recognized! The count down starts, then I plug the HDD, the countdown hangs for a few seconds, then it starts counting again, until it times out.

I tried uninstalling the IOS 200+, then installing 249, 222 and 223 again, but nothing works! I tried a NTFS, a FAT32 and a WBFS drives, but none works!

Any idea of what could be my problem, or how to troubleshot it? I thought of removing all mods from my Wii, but don't know if it will work...

My system is a old white Wii, with safe upgrade 4.1.

The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
spinal_cord said:
Are you plugging the drive into the correct port? All of the loaders I have tried will only recognise the drive in one port and not the other.

Yes, I am. I even tried pluging on the other port just to make sure I tried every possible way. Tried using USB Loader GX as well, but it doesn't recognize it either.

Forgot to mention that I tried to play the game using a burned DVD too. Burned 2 games, both gave me a black screen. I think I'm destined NOT to play this game...
frown.gif

jbm715

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The_Legend said:
Hi there!

I'm having some problems with my Wii. Yesterday I installed IOS 249, 222 and 223, and later USB Loader CFG. I managed to see my HDD to work with the loader. Then I've put a game on the HDD (Super Mario Galaxy 2) and loaded it just fine. Just after I loaded, I turned the Wii off, since I had to have lunch.

After lunch, when I tried to load the game again, my device would not be recognized! The count down starts, then I plug the HDD, the countdown hangs for a few seconds, then it starts counting again, until it times out.

I tried uninstalling the IOS 200+, then installing 249, 222 and 223 again, but nothing works! I tried a NTFS, a FAT32 and a WBFS drives, but none works!

Any idea of what could be my problem, or how to troubleshot it? I thought of removing all mods from my Wii, but don't know if it will work...

Did you use the exact same order of turning on the wii, starting up CFG usb loader, and turning on the HDD each time? From what I've seen some HDDs are only recognized if they are turned on at the "right" time. The right time being different for different drives.

The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jbm715 said:
The_Legend said:
Hi there!

Did you use the exact same order of turning on the wii, starting up CFG usb loader, and turning on the HDD each time? From what I've seen some HDDs are only recognized if they are turned on at the "right" time. The right time being different for different drives.

Yes, I used the same order, although the timing is quite difficult to make exactly the smae. But I tried a lot of times, so maybe I turned it on at the "right" time.

Another problem is, when I tried to downgrade to 3.2, the system restarted. And the system is "hanging" with usb loader gx, like it doesn't turn off until I pull the power plug.

Isn't there any other way to test if the drive is recognized?

edit:I was thinking, is it sfae for me to update with NWFC to 4.2 (to clear all mods) and then using bannerbomb to mod it again? I have the impression that there's a cIOS or something that is f***** up, and would like to make my Wii like it came from factory again...

The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, after a full format and update to 4.2U via Nintendo Update, I hacked the Wii again, but the problem is still there.

I tested my USB drive with the FTPii, and it worked flawlessly, I could see all the contents from it. But CFG USB Loader still have the same behavior (counts down, I stick the USB drive, it hangs for a while, then continues the countdown), and USB Loader GX only loads the background and the "mouse" (I can move the hand around the screen), and that's all. No button at all, neither on the screen, neither anyone on the remote works.

I'm really getting disappointed here...

michel551813

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What IOS did you use to install IOS 249?

When I updated to rev. 19 I first used IOS57, and had similar problems. I then switched to IOS38 (I believe) and all was fine.

The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
michel551813 said:

When I updated to rev. 19 I first used IOS57, and had similar problems. I then switched to IOS38 (I believe) and all was fine.

I'm going to try that, thanks! But I think I used IOS36...

But should I first use AnyTitle Deleter to remove the IOS 249, or should I just install it again?

Another thing, from what I understood, if I used the IOS 222, it was not necessary for me to install IOS 249 at all...

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The_Legend said:
michel551813 said:

But should I first use AnyTitle Deleter to remove the IOS 249, or should I just install it again?

Another thing, from what I understood, if I used the IOS 222, it was not necessary for me to install IOS 249 at all...

Michel intended what base IOS did you use when you intalled cIOSX rev 19. Not what the IOS you used to run the installer on.

The_Legend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OverjoY said:
The_Legend said:
michel551813 said:

Michel intended what base IOS did you use when you intalled cIOSX rev 19. Not what the IOS you used to run the installer on.

And that's what I answered, the IOS I used when asked on the installer of cIOSX 19. But I've chosen IOS 57 v5661 , just like GAF's tutorial. Gonna try installing with IOS 38, like michel suggested.

But I still ask if it was not supposed to work with cIOS 222/223...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1