usb loaders crashing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rufusvg, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Rufusvg
    OP

Rufusvg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    Hi, I hadn't been on the wii for a while and came to use but the usb loaders are crashing. Mainly using GX and it crashes at different points such as when in the settings, sometimes lets me select and change settings other times freezes and i have to hard reboot the console.Here is a system log to see if anyone can see a problem as i will have to totally remod as i cant find a fix for it.

system check

2. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Which version of USB Loader GX are you using ??? Is it the last one ?

3. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
  4. Rufusvg
    OP

Rufusvg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    im using GX 3.0 and the drive is formatted as fat32 with 4gb allocation. it worked fine last time i used it and the games are loading when there is no crash.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also anyone seen any probs with the system check in op?

5. John_Ice

John_Ice GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Here we go! Mama mia!
    Your syscheck seem good...

For the USB Loader GX, are you using the Full channel ? If Yes, desinstall it and Install the Official USB Loader GX Forwarder and put the last Release of USB Loader GX which is r.1262

Here how to do all the things (if you using the Full Channel only) to be sure to be up-to-date:

- Download the full channel wad, and put it on SD:/wad/ folder
    - Download the forwarder channel wad and put it on SD:/wad/ folder
    - Download latest stable USBLoaderGX revision and extract to your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx

Put the SD Card back to your Wii and use a wad Manager of your choice and:
    - Select the Full channel WAD (from the wad folder) with Uninstall option.
    - Select the Forwarder channel, with the install option.

That's it, you will be up-to-date with USB Loader GX. Just start the Channel and it will start USB Loader which is on your SD Card. And later, if another version of USB Loader is released, you just replace it on your SD Card.

Last edited by John_Ice, Feb 18, 2017
  6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    3.0 covers almost 3 years of releases. The revision number is what's important. Also, if it's "3.0c" you need to swap it for the forwarder/dol as John_Ice said.

7. Rufusvg
    OP

Rufusvg Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2017
    thanks for the help all. It seems to be working now and along with new flash drive being used. That could have been the issue also as old drive seems corrupted.

8. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    South-Holland
    wii's got problems with flash usb drives, use a non usb powered usb 2.0 hdd instead... there are a lot of random errors related to usb sticks bein used.