Hacking USB Loader

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am seeing all this talk about USB loader.....what does it do? Does it allow you to play ISOs from a external hard drive connected to the wii by USB?

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You have to format your usb hdd with a special file system called WBFS.
Then you use a program on your pc (WBFS Manager 3.0.1) to convert your ISO to the wbfs formated USB hdd. After that plug the usb hdd to your wii an launch a usb loader (GX is the best, i think) and you can play your games from the usb hdd.
Tho get this working your have to install a special IOS (CIOS, Waninkoko Google it).

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...I have been away from this for too long! When you convert the iso to wbfs format, are the files just as big (4.1 GB) and do they play the same through the USB loader as opposed to an actual disc?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The size will be the "scrubbed" version. So for Wii Music you won't get 4.X GB, but ~450 MB.
Games played from USB HDD are usually faster than their equivalents on disc.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is very cool! Is there any restrictions in terms of the games being played (ie NSTC game being played on a PAL wii) and is there a need to force a region on your wii? I am assuming you can still save game play to your Wii memory as well?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most loaders allow to surpass region restrictions, if not all. Some games however are problematic, because they do a IOS Reload, which hangs the particular game. Examples are Metroid Prime 3, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and Red Steel.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
spritefreak said:
I am assuming you can still save game play to your Wii memory as well?

Yes, works like playing from DVD

Edit: There is no disadvantage using usb loader. About 98% of the games work with it.
none-working can be found here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: