Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@ThaDraGun

Again I understand what your saying but it's not as simple as that. He is doing me no favour at all. To be honest there are about 20 loaders out there so if nobody makes it then fine I'll stick with one of those.

This isn't the issue though, the issue lies in the fact that AppleBelly ignored everything I and 56killer had worked on when he was away, then he decided to just ignore me advising him that the original image was wrong.

Again up to this stage fair enough. However he asked me to make the background to use box images at 64x90, and I did. At this stage I was working with him and working towards his guidelines. What happened at this stage though, was when he asked me I was already working on a background for 7 images that would not work with those sizes, so I cancelled editing it and made one from scratch to fit his sizes.

Then whats the most annoying thing, he continues to use the old image despite me telling him it is wrong and linking and uploading the new one on here and my website numerous time.

So again, why is it that you seem to think I'm in the wrong here. regardless of what he can code, if he doesn't listen to what I am telling him and just goes on willy nilly, then it's not me that is being ignorant.

Yes I appreciate his work on the loader of course I do, but at the same time, I tried to resolve this hours and hours ago and he just carried on.

Then on top of all this, he decides to not include the option for page 2, because he doesn't think it's needed, even though 56killer had worked to make it functional and I had spent hours working on 2 versions, both dark and light for that page for him and everyone else.

It's like someone taking your money and kicking you in the nuts.

Posts merged

Regarding me going back to a different loader if he didn't help, well funnily enough, 56killer was the one that got it working fully for me not AppleBelly and I have it working perfect with 3 images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I think what is happening here is people's opinion on whats more important is different. I personally think that there should be a balance to the look and the function. For me it's pointless getting a loader with all the bells and whistles, if it looks like crap. On the other side though having a loader look amazing but no fucntionilty is pointless as well.

The issue here was the loader was working, but it was working with a outdated image which would have taken him no time to fix the coordinates. Instead he focussed so much time to get the automatic downloads working, despite many failed attempts, that he ignored everything else.

Anyhoo, each to his own.

Leftnothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leftnothing said:
Box 1: x:13, y:195
Box 2: x:87, y:195
Box 3: x:161, y:195
Box 4: x:238, y:109
Box 5: x:413, y:195
Box 6: x:487, y:195
Box 7: x:561, y:195

@Don Killah

Just a thought, could these coordinates be placed in your config.txt file and be user editable? (like in other loaders) - This would then allow other background designs to be created as is happening elsewhere!?

A possibility for this loader would be a XB360 NXE style design with images fading into the distance!? :-) (If the above is possible, adding a size option might be handy (assuming you already have a resize function in the code))

L.N.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JussiPik said:
Here you go
wink.gif

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Not for nothing at all. I am going to modify my backgrounds so that if he gets me the coordinates, then I can include at least a central box placeholder to match the size, so when the game in the centre is there it will look like a full box.

I will also have the same background style and hopefully still with the config page with the options. This in dark and light.

Posts merged

Don Killah, any luck with the current loader though and those coordinates and fixing it so button 2 loads my config page?

Cheers man.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i'm off to bed, it's almost 3 in the morning down here and been up since 6 this morning.

i added some more configurable options through an external file (config.txt) but sorry to say that my 1st attempts with the new coords make the app freeze.
maybe AB was right, it's something to dig but i don't want to do it tonight. i need to sleep.

by the way, try to get in touch with 56killer in order to get the code he wrote early and pm what he sends you, this way we'll have something to start with.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, almost 4 o clock and this time i'm off. just to tell you that i almost have all the code for the config page done plus ocarina was added in the config file.
ocarina = 0 -> don't use cheats
ocarina = 1 -> use cheats located in sd:/codes/gameid.gct

cdreams hope you get the button2 code from 56killer for when i wake up... don't forget to pm me.
by the way, it seems that i've found another bug, so v9 will not be out that soon, sorry.

tomroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I'm not sure I get the whole "play backed up games" thing. Are you saying I can use this thing instead of a mod chip in my wii to play games that have been coppied and burned? I must be confused. The iso's are over 4GB in size. So, what exactly does this thing do for me?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just say thank you to all who have contributed to this venture.

I have been able to get both the 3 Cover and 7 Cover versions to work and both are nice. I have issues with both though. For one, it takes way to long to scroll through to find the game you want... especially when you have 200 or so games to go through. It needs to scroll quicker to be functional.

On the 7 Cover version... the smaller images are too small (even on a 65" Widescreen LCD). All you can really do is make out shapes. Forget about trying to read the smaller print on them.

I myself will stick with the 3 Cover version as it is easier to read and less cluttered looking... or atleast until the 7 Cover becomes better to use.

Overall though I am going to stick with the 1 Cover/21 List version out there. Scrolls quickly and has all the functions I want.

Just my 2 cents though.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Cheers moviecouple.

I think this loader and variants of it are better for people with a small number of games. If you have hundreds then it's probably much easier to use one of the other single image loaders where you can see like 20 games at a time in text format to the side.

It seems like Don Killah has made some progress. I'm going to ensure my images are all clean and stuff and maybe alter little bits here and there, but nothing that will be affected by code, just so it looks better on a widescreen tv.

I agree to some extent about the small images in the 7 image version being quite small. I have a 43" and it's probably as small as they can really go for me wihtout losing even more quality and being pointless.

The 3 image version is nice, I really like that one, just a pity it only does 3 games ironically lol.

As someone mentioned earlier, it would be good if there was a config option in all the loaders that you can change to what style of loader you want. However to get that they would all need to use the same structure for where images are stored, right now there is several different ways. If that was sorted, then the config file with coordinates could be added for each style and you just choose one and it loads that config with the proper settings for the images to load in position.

Maybe sounds a lot lot easier to type than it is to implement. What I have seen on these boards is someone always works out a way to do stuff, so who knows.

Posts merged

Thanks Don, you a star my friend
wink.gif

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well keep up the work. I'll keep using it too. By the way... the last loader that Apple released (7 image), what background should we be using? The one released with the Loader or the ones on your website?

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
The one he released with his loader is the one he made it for, however it is wrong so if your like me you will see that the images aren't equally spaced apart and that the actual game images are much bigger than the box placeholder background images so it ends up overlapping them and although it kind of works, it looks wrong.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
hi mate, how you doing today?
just to let you know that i'm working on the config page (rear.png, which is a weird name by the way... what about switching it to config.png?).
plus here's an info that may explain why some users were having problem with the new images:
QUOTE said:
the wii graphic processor can only load textures that are a multiple of 4

but can't really remember which new size you used, hit me in case you need more but i'm back to coding in a hour or so... got to make some urgent stuff 1st.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
cdreams, your backgrounds have been off-center from the start for me... Besides that, I have to agree with AppleBelly; your views on developing an app seem to be a bit off... The way it should be is; AppleBelly codes something, you make a GUI for it, not the other way around. Ok, he forgot to change some of the x/y-coordinates, but dude, everyone can edit those, install devkitpro, edit menu.c or gui.c and your done
smile.gif

You can't expect AppleBelly to code something specifically for your background images.... I use my own background images and edit the boxart position to my whishes, maybe you should do that as well...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k