Hacking USB Loader, Space issue.

tangz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so with some small tweaking I was able to get a partition on my 1.5 TB drive to be recognized. I'm running into a much stranger issue.

The space before games were installed: 698 GB
I installed 5 games directly from the discs. I noticed that my space is down to 468 GB
there is NO WAY that 5 games could be 230 GB.

So I decided to test this and I moved the drive to my PC and copied over some backup games. it took the correct filesize. (and was REALLY fast at uploading the iso's)

I started to wonder, maybe this was a configuration issue. so I hooked the drive back up to the wii and looked around. I noticed a menu option that says something like copy 1:1. I set that to yes and viewed a games file size that was installed before I changed it and cdeleted that game and reinstalled it. the file size differed by .30 gig. now .30 gig seams more reasonable and I can deal with the fact that a 1:1 may take up a little bit more space. But why did the first five games I installed take up 230 gigs???

I'm at the point now where I am thinking about uninstalling the other 4 games and reinstalling them to see if that corrects the issue. I mean seriously I didnt buy a 1.5 tb drive to waste it on 20 or so games....

any one have this issue or know of anything that could be causing it???

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
most likely cause is human error (sorry to say it)

maybe you had 200 gigs sitting in your recycling bin...

Can't think of anything else that could cause that, if you can't repeat the funky results, I wouldn't worry about it (but if u can, then def come back and report)

also, what app are u using to dump the games to ur hard drive?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
also, what app are u using to dump the games to ur hard drive?
@tangz: Please answer that question and also: How is the drive formatted?

From your post, it sounds like you are using GX and an NTFS partition. That explains everything, as NTFS write is buggy in the GX implementation.

tangz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40: 200 gigs in a recycling bin? this is WBFS file format, windows cant even read the drive without using WBFS manager.

Dr. Clipper: Yes and no. Using GX but the drive is in WBFS.

**update**
Problem is resolved, I ISO'd all the games on my external drive to my PC. Formatted the drive again, put the games back on and it is reporting the correct drive usage now.

Freakin weird.

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tangz said:
xflak40: 200 gigs in a recycling bin? this is WBFS file format, windows cant even read the drive without using WBFS manager.

Dr. Clipper: Yes and no. Using GX but the drive is in WBFS.

**update**
Problem is resolved, I ISO'd all the games on my external drive to my PC. Formatted the drive again, put the games back on and it is reporting the correct drive usage now.

Freakin weird.

That's why I use fat32format on my 2tb, no need to wonder what's going on as I can open the drive with my pc no problem and don't need a tool to copy stuff to it.
Plus I can store all my tools and loader files and everything else on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-