Hacking USB Loader Predicament

SonicBlue77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, recently I bought Metroid Other M and updated my wii in the process to 4.3U. I then went on the Homebrew Channel (since I installed the newest update of it 2 days before updating to 4.3U, it wasn't deleted) and loaded Gecko OS, tried some codes on a separate save file, everything seemed normal. Well, today I decided to load my MH3T ISO from my USB, like normal. It was not gonna be normal like I was hoping though. When I tried to load NeoGamma, it froze, black screen. I then was thinking maybe a app I installed lately was the cause so I took them all off (backed up, mind you) except for NeoGamma and tried again. Freeze. Then, I tried USB Loader just to see if I would be lucky. Nope, it froze with a black screen too.

After all of this, I looked up on Google what was going on. I came up with the answer that I had to reinstall IOS 249 and 236 (correct me if I am wrong). So I downloaded the installers and tried both. First, 236's. I loaded the installer, worked. I THEN pressed A to install and, wouldn't ya know it, my wii freezes, music still playing, and the blue light on my wii brightly glowing. I then turned my wii off and back on, tried the 249 installer....same thing occured.

Can anyone help me in any way to get NeoGamma/USB Loader working again and also tell me if I need to have 236 and 249, because I heard I only need 249 but I don't know if this is true.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt 4.3 stub the cios slots so nothing can be written to it, if im correct then you will have to remove the stubs before you can install cios249

What ios did you choose at the beginning of the installer, if cios249 then that is possibly the reason why it froze, because there is no 249 to reload

oh and next time install priiloader or startpatch and remove disk updates and online updates, most games that "need" to update will work fine with the previous versions and if it doesnt then research what game requires such and such ios with such and such version and install it yourself

SonicBlue77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richardarkless said:
Correct me if im wrong but doesnt 4.3 stub the cios slots so nothing can be written to it, if im correct then you will have to remove the stubs before you can install cios249

I truthfully was not aware of that. Also I just tried removing the stubs...Any Title Deleter froze like the others.

QUOTE(Richardarkless @ Sep 18 2010, 05:22 PM) What ios did you choose at the beginning of the installer, if cios249 then that is possibly the reason why it froze, because there is no 249 to reload

That would seem to be the case then. (Yes I did choose cios249 because like I said above I wasn't aware)

SonicBlue77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the help, you two. Mostly for throwing me in the right direction.
happy.gif
;

I fixed my little problem now so...*does peace sign*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg