dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donnyp said:
dsfanatic5 said:
So I spent my evening making this new background for 16x9 displays, but I can't figure out the coordinates at all. When I try to load it I get a black screen. I worked hard on it, and I'd appreciate if someone would look at the .psd I included and help me get it to work. I really want to know the proper way to obtain the coordinates. When working, it should accept the 130x225 covers that auto-download when in widescreen mode.

Here's the .png (please re-upload)
Please re-upload this

This is what it looks like
BlueCarbon.png

Here's my obviously flawed coordinates:

console_coords=245,50,352,280
covers_coords=27,37

Try these coords

Code:
console_coords=244,50,352,280
CODEcover_coords=26,36

Let me know what happens

You helped so much. Your covers coordinates made the image off, but I think my problem was having an odd number (27,37). I got it to work, and the downloaded images (130x225) fit perfectly. Thank you so much.

The new coordinates are:
console_color=0,15
covers_coords=28,38

bluecarbontest.jpg

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for the life of me i still cant seem to get the boxart to show. i think its my config file cuz i changed the color just to see if it was reading correctly, but when i tried setting it to purple on yellow, nothing hppened...still black on white. is there something wrong with my config? can someone out there post their widescreen config.txt so i can just download it please. i've tried adjusting mine, but nothings happening.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YourNameHere004 said:
for the life of me i still cant seem to get the boxart to show. i think its my config file cuz i changed the color just to see if it was reading correctly, but when i tried setting it to purple on yellow, nothing hppened...still black on white. is there something wrong with my config? can someone out there post their widescreen config.txt so i can just download it please. i've tried adjusting mine, but nothings happening.

This works with the background that I made in the previous posts. Just have the folder wimages at the root of your sd card, and name the .png to wbg.

images_path=SD:/wimages/
wbackground = wbg.png
download = 1
simple = 1
home = exit
layout = ultimatew
console_color=0,15
covers_coords=28,38
savesettings = 0
video = system
ocarina = 0
language = console
parentalcontrol = 0
downloadinstall = 1
hidesettingmenu = 0
widescreen = 1
covers = 1

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I must do to get the Black Bar in the Bottom away? I´m on a Wii Pal, 50hz. Is there a special background for this or can someone make me a config to fix this?
unsure.gif

Gamii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I find this tool quite useful, thanks a lot for the hard work put in this improving over the already great tool from Waninkoko of Spain.

Some suggestions for the future, just think about them:

- Download, manage and activate/deactivate Ocarina codes from the net.

- Full configuration over the same app using a built-in GUI.

- Automatic updating.

- Theme manager, able to download new ones could be amazing.

- Able to select IOS to run and other stuff.

- Create a channel for a game.

- Able to patch stuff like censored.

- Transfer games over other USB storage, SD, FTP. SMB and NFS could be nice too.

Maybe others aren't interested, but it's stuff I would like to have someday.

Regards

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aarrrgh!!! WTF?!?! i did everything you told me to dsfanatic5, copied your config, had the folders in the right spot, have your wbg.png (which is very nice btw), but im still getting the default aqua/white with "no image" box on the right and names on the left. I really dont think it's reading the config file....but wtf could cause this? its driving me mad. i really wanna use your skin too!!!
hate2.gif

nomis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YourNameHere004 said:
aarrrgh!!! WTF?!?! i did everything you told me to dsfanatic5, copied your config, had the folders in the right spot, have your wbg.png (which is very nice btw), but im still getting the default aqua/white with "no image" box on the right and names on the left. I really dont think it's reading the config file....but wtf could cause this? its driving me mad. i really wanna use your skin too!!!
hate2.gif
Have you test to set widescreen = 0 ? Then I get new background but I still get no image text on cover..

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nomis said:
Have you test to set widescreen = 0 ? Then I get new background but I still get no image text on cover..

If you are using 7.4 it autodetect widescreen or normal tv, using the Wii's internal setting.

Try using:

CODE#widescreen = 0

Adding the # in front of the widescreen option makes sure that the LOADER choose what locations that should be used totally automatic, if 7.4 loader detects 4:3 it will use all settings for that, if it detects 16:9 it will use thoose setting.

the option "widescreen =" is kinda not used anymore, BUT if used it will override the autodetect feature in 7.4.

fozzieb

Trophies
Website
www.caledonian-it.co.uk
XP
Country
yes i have mine set to 0

here is config

Code:
images_path=SD:/images/

wimages_path=SD:/wimages/

background = bg.png

wbackground = wbg.png

covers = 1

download = 1

layout = ultimatew

simple = 0

home = reboot

console_coords = 40,71,340,290

covers_coords = 446,109

wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290

wcovers_coords = 482,110

console_color = 0,15

entry_lines = 10

max_characters = 37

savesettings = 0

video = system

language = english

parentalcontrol = 0

downloadinstall = 0

hidesettingmenu = 0

widescreen = 0

fozzieb

Trophies
Website
www.caledonian-it.co.uk
XP
Country
ok commenting out widescreen = 0 now shows the correct background and shows covers that i have, but it will not download new ones and at boot it says it cant initialize the network and aborts it.

and if i go to the game options screen i can't see the option to download the cover

odd

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fozzieb said:
yes i have mine set to 0

here is config

Code:
images_path=SD:/images/

wimages_path=SD:/wimages/

background = bg.png

wbackground = wbg.png

covers = 1

download = 1

layout = ultimatew

simple = 0

home = reboot

console_coords = 40,71,340,290

covers_coords = 446,109

wconsole_coords = 40,71,340,290

wcovers_coords = 482,110

console_color = 0,15

entry_lines = 10

max_characters = 37

savesettings = 0

video = system

language = english

parentalcontrol = 0

downloadinstall = 0

hidesettingmenu = 0

widescreen = 0

just tried using fozzieb's settings and still got the same thing too. tried downloading covers, but after it says its finished downloading, theres still nothing there.

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fozzieb said:
ok commenting out widescreen = 0 now shows the correct background and shows covers that i have, but it will not download new ones and at boot it says it cant initialize the network and aborts it.

and if i go to the game options screen i can't see the option to download the cover

odd

Yeah had the same issue myself last night (this night when 7.4 came) but when i tried to go to the homepage on my PC i couldn't. I keept trying to load the homepage on the PC, and when it successfully loaded i tried on the wii again and it worked too.

And yeah in optionmenu i cant see download cover anymore either, maybe its removed in 7.4.

ADDITION

Everyone that uses 7.4 should say if their Wii is set to "4:3 normal" or "16:9 widescreen" mode.

Because if you are using "widescreen =" option wrong in config.txt, covers download to wrong place/or is read from wrong place.

fozzieb

Trophies
Website
www.caledonian-it.co.uk
XP
Country
ok changed my background image and it now looks corrupt can not see console but if i move up and down the covers change.

Is there somewhere that you can get covers specific to tv type, like PAL 50Hz Widescreen ?

I can find backgrounds that say widescreen but are they pal or ntsc 50Hz or 60Hz?

Cheers

Posts merged

My Wii is a Pal set to 16:9 widescreen with component cable 480p

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fozzieb said:
I can find backgrounds that say widescreen but are they pal or ntsc 50Hz or 60Hz?

My Wii is a Pal set to 16:9 widescreen with component cable 480p

640x480 background should be for PAL60 or NTSC.

That means if you are using PAL 16:9 and 480p the background pictures should not give a black bar at the bottom.
IF you ARE getting a black bar at the bottom, you are running 50hz mode and thats is NOT 480p but 576i.

I heard people runing 50hz PAL is using 640x528 pictures for backgrounds.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
I think someone requested a widescreen version of this a few pages back... so i tweaked it a bit.. should be perfect on 7.4

DarkNTSC7416x9.png

Dark NTSC WS 16x9
console_color =15,0

What are the coord. for this? TY

YourNameHere004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im still stuck..... anyone know why the loader wouldnt read the config.txt? its acting like its not even there. cant even change the colors (not that colors are important, theyre just the easiest to check). nothings working. im using a mac, so i thought that maybe the text file was different or something, but i tried again on xp writing the same things in the config, and still have nothing

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/mKiHdEqwh80