Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have been trying to figure out this pal 50 issue all night/day, I tried the suggested 640x520 and 640x528 both of those give me a code dump as soon as I press the button to enter the options menu. I did quite a bit of testing and I even tried 640x481 (just 1 pixel bigger!) and that gave me a code dump on pressing I then resized the exact same image to 640x480 and no dump on press. I am on a ntsc wii using component cables. So it looks like the pal 50 friendly sized backgrounds will not work for ntsc, could a pal 60 user test this as well? It seems as though we will need 2 different background size standards after all
frown.gif
Im sorry guys I really tried to help, hopefully someone will eventually figure out a way to make the loader itself do the stretch.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legah said:
I'm guessing you could just set:

video = system

that should be it shouldn't it?

oh didnt think of that!! thanks for the response! Also has anyone noticed any increase in speed installs on 1.5? So far it seems just a tad faster than 1.1 not that im complaining i love all the work done by everyone!! excellent loader!

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really confusing lol

Has anyone gotten the images to download/display on an NTSC console?

if you have everything working fine on a widescreen NTSC tv can you post your config file?

kaymm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bgsimple.png

background = bgsimple.png
console_coords=40,73,340,290
console_color=15,0
covers_coords=453,105
entry_lines = 16

simple = 1
hidesettingmenu = 1
download = 1
widescreen = 0

Credits go to the guy who made the original background. I just removed some buttons so I can use it for simple mode in 4:3 mode.

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YourNameHere004 said:
i DO have v10. what gets me is why was 6.7 working before, but isnt now? if i remember correctly, the first version i used was v3, and that still comes out fine. any clues?

yeah, I have the same problem after 6.7 nothing worked properly!

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
NeoRame said:
oh i see U HAVENT READ MY POST!!!!!

Hey relax buddy. No need to type in caps.
So perhaps having two seperate settings would be convienent just for you, but it doesn't make sense for the rest. For the loader, widescreen or 4:3 doesn't matter at all, the signal and handling is the same.
Sorry in dont mean it agressive...

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lithium210 said:
Legah said:
I'm guessing you could just set:

video = system

that should be it shouldn't it?

oh didnt think of that!! thanks for the response! Also has anyone noticed any increase in speed installs on 1.5? So far it seems just a tad faster than 1.1 not that im complaining i love all the work done by everyone!! excellent loader!
The speed increase should hopefully be around 1.1 speed, the main 'news' about it is that it's faster than the slow 1.4
smile.gif

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some one please hep me when i change

covers_coords=28,106

to

covers_coords=56,106 it wont work can you change it or are we limited ?

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I downloaded this great loader now, too. Thanks a lot!

But I got a silly problem, I think.

The loader is checking for my network connection, but it won't download covers. Even if I select a single game and try to download the cover with the "1 button", it won't download the cover.

I'm using the newest version of the loader and I enabled the option to download covers, but it just won't work. I created the image folders, too.

I hope that the server of the cover images is down... - I bet for help
wink.gif

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Well, maybe I missed this things, but this Thread has too many pages....here's what I wish/won't work in 7.3:

-Add VIDTV Patch to Config, so you can set it to default or not...please
smile.gif

-Saving to SD-Card won't work for me...fails at creating a File...anyone else have this problem? And yes, I enabled the function in the Config...

Hope this get's fixed soon...then I would be very happy with this one..
smile.gif

There is no default option for this for now. I heard that this option do not need to be turned on for most of the time, so i just set it to off by default. But the save setting would save this option.

Did you have write protection on the folder?

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Takoru - you got a widescreen tv?

I get a network error with 7.3 when it tries to download covers, and after that pressing '1' doesn't do anything and I get no covers at all.

I'm running 7.3 on a widescreen with component 480p cables.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NeoRame said:
kedest said:
NeoRame said:
oh i see U HAVENT READ MY POST!!!!!

Hey relax buddy. No need to type in caps.
So perhaps having two seperate settings would be convienent just for you, but it doesn't make sense for the rest. For the loader, widescreen or 4:3 doesn't matter at all, the signal and handling is the same.
Sorry in dont mean it agressive...

It's ok
tongue.gif

just to be clear: I do understand now why you would find such a thing useful, given your situation of switching between two televisions. But from a software design perspective, I don't see the need for seperate wide settings. So that's nothing against you personally.

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
NeoNight said:
This is really confusing lol

Has anyone gotten the images to download/display on an NTSC console?

if you have everything working fine on a widescreen NTSC tv can you post your config file?

you need to change the "images_path=" to "image_path=" taking out the "s"

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starstremr said:
can some one please hep me when i change

covers_coords=28,106

to

covers_coords=56,106 it wont work can you change it or are we limited ?

can some one explain this please ?

Are we only allowed certain coords ?

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kedest said:
1. So perhaps having two seperate settings would be convienent just for you, but it doesn't make sense for the rest.
2. For the loader, widescreen or 4:3 doesn't matter at all, the signal and handling is the same.

1. Needed for all, not everyone run 4:3, or not everyone run 16:9, there need to be an option to choose (manually or autodetect do not matter).

2. Even though the signal-carrier is the same, NOT having correct background and cover sizes made for 4:3 and 16:9, will make the output on the screen look "wrong".

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Legah said:
Takoru - you got a widescreen tv?

I get a network error with 7.3 when it tries to download covers, and after that pressing '1' doesn't do anything and I get no covers at all.

I'm running 7.3 on a widescreen with component 480p cables.

Yes, I'm using a widescreen tv.
But I'm not getting a network error; it's checking for my connection, but not even more. => it won't download any cover, and if I press "1" at a single game, it's similar to your problem.

I'm running too 7.3 with a component at 480p.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For anyone interested, I made a slight modification to the source code of the USB Loader, so that it turns on the slot light when a game is done ripping. I find this useful for the larger games, when I usually watch TV to pass the time.

The thread is here, with all relevant information and links, etc:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149752

pamtayls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Fantastic work done by all.

I have a quick question, would someone explain to me how and where the console cords and covers cords are made from?

I know thats a UBER noob question but I was having trouble finding it out.

Thanks heaps in advance

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i have a question. i use the skin with the special cover pack. is there a program to make covers like this ?? because when a new cover is needed, i want to make it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo