Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thanx it works ^^ can someone say me the coordinates for this skin ???

narutowfinal_small.png

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
New Background.. Wide-screen Pal 50hz fix.. for 7.2/7.3 (640 x 528)

Cover size 120 x 225 (correct size for PAL 50hz) resize batch images downloaded using freeware tool >> Fotosizer

wbgpal.png

coords

console_coords=40,105,350,280
console_color =6,15
covers_coords=481,134

No code dump error with this... works perfectly

For cover size 130 x 225 (for those who are not bothered by the correct cover size format for Pal 50hz)

wbgpaln.png

coords

console_coords=40,105,350,280
console_color =6,15
covers_coords=481,134

Also no code dump error with this... works perfectly

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
first of all i want to thank all for the GREAT work!!! Thanks to all of them for spending time on the USB loader.
nice job!!

BUT... i got 2 problems...
here's my setup:
-V7.1 (version based on 1.1 - made by hungyip84 (17/04/09 ) installed with widescreen background
-firmware 4.0
-HBC
-Gamma loader working
-Cios Rev9 (no rev10 because i use a USB LAN)

1.Sometimes the loader gives me a codedump, even when i do nothing or when i select a game. will make a screenshot asap.
2.can not find a working forwarder for 4.0... all give me a code dump, even when de path i the right one... were can i find a working forwarder?

and btw, is there a V7.2 version based on 1.1?
thanx again!

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Scoobyscoobydoo said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 18 2009, 10:59 AM) For NTSC & PAL 480i/480p/60hz (640 x 480)

New Background for correct cover sizes 130 x 225

wbgntscn.png

console_coords=40,81,350,280
console_color =6,15
covers_coords=481,110

Excellent, working great with the new widescreen boxarts.
Thanks.

where can i get these ws box arts plz?

grante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems we've made some significant progress!

I look forward to seeing background music and auto update merged with hungryip's version.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I need help on using configuring the config.txt a lot!
I have a widescreen TV and want the config.txt to use a config layout, but I'm not sure what to do at all, I dont have a clue what to do.
I tried to do it, but the layout is just normal I think, because the cover is too big to fit in the box.
I'm using Ultimate USB Loader 7.2.
Can someone type me a config.txt for me?
I need a config.txt that uses the default layout, the layout is widescreen, it displays the covers, it doesnt download missing covers, its on normal mode, when you press home it takes you back to HBC, the video mode is on system default, ocarina is enabled, no parental control and allows acess to the settings menu.
If anyone could help me with this config I would be truly grateful.
This USB loader seems to be the only one that can recognise my HDD.
The official one recognises my HDD, buts says theres no partitions, but on this loader, it recognises my HDD and recognises my partition and formatted it correctly and it plays games, its just the config that needs sorting out now.
Thanks!

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
evvil said:
Ok for anyone making widescreen backgrounds, I have found the perfect size to start out with, make your bg, then resize to 640x480. I have been trying it out for a few hours, making, resizing measuring boxes on my tv, but I finally found it. The size you want to start with is 800x480 If you want to test this for yourself here is my test pic http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9862/800k.png turn off covers to measure boxes, they were perfect squares made in photoshop before the resize. The lines and numbers on the edges are showing how many pixels are being cut off (on my tv it cuts 16 from the top and 14 from the bottom) so try to keep important things out of the cut off area.

Again the size you want to start out with is 800x480, then make and complete your background, and then resize it to 640x480. Using these sizes you will get perfect aspect ratios!

Awesome, used your picture, added more bars on top/left/bottom/right.

Result (32" CRT, Philips 32PW9551 + Wii NTSC: 480p):

Top: 21 lines cut
Bottom: 24 lines cut
Left: 14 lines cut
Right: 5 lines cut

Now it will be much more easy to adapt the picture locations so they don't get cut off.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Chrnosclock said:
The problem with this is, that we can't provide the mp3 files, I guess, because it's all copyright protected stuff. Even if ripped from youtube, we would break laws in nearly every country... but I REALLY REALLY would like to see that! E.g. the OST of Smash has a great collection of songs we could use!

?We talk about ISO loader so I don't think a legal argue about MP3 would be... important
wink.gif

And a small MP3 is like a quote of text : as long as you tell the title / origin, it's permitted.
"Fair use" in USA laws, "Citation" in France, etc...

And about 1 = on and 2 = off, at least, use a "toggle" option : 1 = on, 1 = off (like old version of this loader : 1 = toggle video, 2 = toggle ocarina)
smile.gif

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently working on this.
Converting boxart at moment. Based on Neorame box. Only thing not compatible with download cover function.

new.jpg

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OuahOuah said:
?We talk about ISO loader so I don't think a legal argue about MP3 would be... important
wink.gif

And a small MP3 is like a quote of text : as long as you tell the title / origin, it's permitted.
"Fair use" in USA laws, "Citation" in France, etc...

And/or, there's always music licensed under the "Creative Commons".

Now to update my USB loader

data0002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oops said:
hunter291 said:
thanx it works ^^ can someone say me the coordinates for this skin ???

widescreen = 1
console_coords=260,48,336,316
covers_coords=36,128

grog.gif
@Oops

On 7.3 the widescreen is auto so the setting must be set at widescreen = 0 or the config won't load

@hungryip can you please update the config file on the next update. i.e. remove the bits that are not needed anymore.

Thanks
Paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol